Deadline: 1 July 2016
NextWorldNow Community Investments is accepting applications for its 2016 funding program. NextWorldNow believes that communities throughout the world can work together in an informed way to improve the well-being of each community.
The program is designed for individuals who share a view of a larger self, have decided that they have enough means to live comfortable lives, and want to share their resources with others in a creative and smart way.
The Program seeks smart ways to invest in and support community development projects. It aims for a “portfolio” that eventually represents a diverse range of projects such as:
- building a school for primary education in Tanzania
- organizing a farm cooperative for coffee growers in Indonesia
- developing a program to train local tour guides for eco-tourism jobs in Cambodia
- creating a safe water system in Nicaragua
- establishing a wool processing mill for weavers in Ecuador
- starting a local micro-loan bank for small businesses in India
- funding a start up health clinic site for migrant workers in New Mexico
There is no geographical restriction to apply.
How to Apply
- Complete NextWorldNow application form through the website and submit for award year
- Receive acknowledgement of submission
- Respond to request for additional information if indicated
- Participate in skype interviews if requested
- Receive notice of annual award evaluation and decision
- Full funding
- Partial funding
- Listing on NWN investment options list
- Recommendation to re-apply
- Receive first funds transfer (50% of award)
- Receive second funds transfer (40% of award)
- Submit first year report on outcomes progress
- Receive final funds transfer (10% of award)
- Submit second year report on progress
For more information, Please visit Community Wellbeing.