Deadline: 1 February 2016
Raoul Wallenberg Institute of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (RWI) is currently inviting applications from the researchers and professors/ lecturers affiliated to the academic institutions to participate in an Asian Human Rights Research Initiative.
The initiative aims at strengthening the capacities of researchers and lecturers/professors at academic institutions to effectively conduct human rights research in line with international standards, to increase the number of published academic human rights papers, to support research partnerships across the region, and to encourage more Asian human rights academics to participate in international events.
All costs related to these events will be fully covered by RWI.
- Be a citizen of Cambodia, China, Myanmar, Lao PDR and Vietnam
- Be affiliated to their respective academic institutions
- Be committed to international human rights standards (as evidenced by their motivation letter)
- Be committed and available to take part in all steps of the research initiative (as evidenced by their motivation letter)
- Have developed a clear and relevant research idea focusing on a relevant human rights topic in China or in the region (as evidenced by their research proposal)
How to Apply
The interested applicants are required to submit the following documents in English-
- Application Form
- Updated CV
- Research proposal (200-300 words)
- Motivation letter in English explaining why you wish to take part in this initiative (200-400 words)
All applications must be submitted via email.
For more information, please visit Regional Human Rights Research Initiative.