Deadline: 29 January 2016
Southeast Asian Ministers Education Organisation (SEAMEO) is seeking applications for its Youth Leadership Forum from young people with strong potential who are eager to develop their leadership knowledge and skills and want to lead the future generations of ASEAN citizens.
SEAMEO, as a leading organization in developing Southeast Asian human capital, has a critical role in ensuring that the region youth are equipped with the skills, knowledge, and attitudes that prepare them to become leaders of the next generations. The Youth Leadership Forum will thus serve as one of the catalysts for the effective engagement of young people in steering the course of Southeast Asian future development.
The 2nd SEAMEO Youth Leadership Forum aims to provide a regional platform for youth representatives from SEAMEO-member countries to build their leadership skills and strengthen their capacity to contribute to the ASEAN community now and in the future.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Develop future Southeast Asian leaders through engagement with present leaders in various key professions, with a focus on good governance and civic responsibility.
- Enhance youth representatives understanding of globalization, intercultural communications, and changes in the natural environment and social relations.
- Provide a space for youth representatives to voice their unique views on the current and future state of their respective communities and of Southeast Asia.
- Foster personal, professional, and cross-cultural networking among youths within and across the ASEAN region.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Developing Future Leaders of Southeast Asia
- Effective Professional Values and Skills
- Managing the Development of a Changing World
- Intercultural Understanding
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Age: 18 to 24 years old
- Educational attainment:
- Applicants must either be: i) in the senior year of their undergraduate university program or ii) graduates of an undergraduate university program from the most recent academic year.
- Senior students or recent graduates of various degree programs e.g. sciences, maths, humanities, social sciences, media, business, agriculture, etc may apply.
- Experience: Participants with leadership experience in school or in their communities have an advantage.
- Language: English proficiency (reading, writing, speaking)
- Desired personal qualities: open-minded, respectful of other cultures, willing to learn, team player, extroverted, and innovative.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the application form via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit SEAMEO Youth Leadership Forum.