Deadline: 29 January 2016
Southeast Asian Ministers Education Organisation (SEAMEO) is seeking applications for its Youth Leadership Forum from young people with strong potential who are eager to develop their leadership knowledge and skills and want to lead the future generations of ASEAN citizens.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
SEAMEO, as a leading organization in developing Southeast Asian human capital, has a critical role in ensuring that the region youth are equipped with the skills, knowledge, and attitudes that prepare them to become leaders of the next generations. The Youth Leadership Forum will thus serve as one of the catalysts for the effective engagement of young people in steering the course of Southeast Asian future development.
The 2nd SEAMEO Youth Leadership Forum aims to provide a regional platform for youth representatives from SEAMEO-member countries to build their leadership skills and strengthen their capacity to contribute to the ASEAN community now and in the future.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Develop future Southeast Asian leaders through engagement with present leaders in various key professions, with a focus on good governance and civic responsibility.
- Enhance youth representatives understanding of globalization, intercultural communications, and changes in the natural environment and social relations.
- Provide a space for youth representatives to voice their unique views on the current and future state of their respective communities and of Southeast Asia.
- Foster personal, professional, and cross-cultural networking among youths within and across the ASEAN region.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Developing Future Leaders of Southeast Asia
- Effective Professional Values and Skills
- Managing the Development of a Changing World
- Intercultural Understanding
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Age: 18 to 24 years old
- Educational attainment:
- Applicants must either be: i) in the senior year of their undergraduate university program or ii) graduates of an undergraduate university program from the most recent academic year.
- Senior students or recent graduates of various degree programs e.g. sciences, maths, humanities, social sciences, media, business, agriculture, etc may apply.
- Experience: Participants with leadership experience in school or in their communities have an advantage.
- Language: English proficiency (reading, writing, speaking)
- Desired personal qualities: open-minded, respectful of other cultures, willing to learn, team player, extroverted, and innovative.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the application form via given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit SEAMEO Youth Leadership Forum.