BACKUP’s grant management support comprises technical assistance on M&E, financial management, reporting, oversight and good governance. These interventions help to ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with the contractual terms and conditions, and also help to prevent the misappropriation of funds.
BACKUP supports PRs to develop risk management strategies for SRs and to strengthen their oversight and governance function. Furthermore, BACKUP develops risk management manuals, trains PRs on the implementation of risk mitigation strategies, and supports civil society organisations to improve how they implement.
The overriding objective of BACKUP’s work in the area of grant management is the reduction in five selected countries of operational programming and governance risks that the Global Fund considers as threatening the implementation of programmes. The achievement of this objective will be indicated by an improvement in the country’s risk rating calculated in accordance with the requirements of the Global Fund’s risk report.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Burundi, Congo (DRC), Côte d’Ivoire, Guinea, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Mauritania, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Nepal, Pakistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The grant management for proposed projects should operate in line with BACKUP’s definition of grant management and with the Global Fund’s Grant Management Assurance Framework.
- The project should seek to maximize the impact of ongoing Global Fund investments through improved grant management.
- In the context of the Grant Management intervention area, BACKUP is particularly interested in project proposals that focus on mitigating programmatic and performance risks and also governance, oversight and management risks.
- Applications from countries that the Global Fund has categorised as having a high or medium level of risk will be prioritised in the selection process.
- Applicants that will be targeted with technical support are PRs managing a large number of SRs and civil society PRs seeking support to improve their grant management capacities.
How to Apply
Interested stakeholders can submit their application forms at the mail address, given on the PDF.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please download the PDF.