BACKUP’s grant management support comprises technical assistance on M&E, financial management, reporting, oversight and good governance. These interventions help to ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with the contractual terms and conditions, and also help to prevent the misappropriation of funds.
BACKUP supports PRs to develop risk management strategies for SRs and to strengthen their oversight and governance function. Furthermore, BACKUP develops risk management manuals, trains PRs on the implementation of risk mitigation strategies, and supports civil society organisations to improve how they implement.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The overriding objective of BACKUP’s work in the area of grant management is the reduction in five selected countries of operational programming and governance risks that the Global Fund considers as threatening the implementation of programmes. The achievement of this objective will be indicated by an improvement in the country’s risk rating calculated in accordance with the requirements of the Global Fund’s risk report.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Burundi, Congo (DRC), Côte d’Ivoire, Guinea, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Mauritania, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Nepal, Pakistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- The grant management for proposed projects should operate in line with BACKUP’s definition of grant management and with the Global Fund’s Grant Management Assurance Framework.
- The project should seek to maximize the impact of ongoing Global Fund investments through improved grant management.
- In the context of the Grant Management intervention area, BACKUP is particularly interested in project proposals that focus on mitigating programmatic and performance risks and also governance, oversight and management risks.
- Applications from countries that the Global Fund has categorised as having a high or medium level of risk will be prioritised in the selection process.
- Applicants that will be targeted with technical support are PRs managing a large number of SRs and civil society PRs seeking support to improve their grant management capacities.
How to Apply
Interested stakeholders can submit their application forms at the mail address, given on the PDF.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
For more information, please download the PDF.