Deadline- 9 August 2013
Peace Direct, a UK-based charity has launched a new grant opportunity for peacebuilders who need some support to help grow their impact and their organization. ‘Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders’ is a the global competition of Peace Direct under its Insight on Conflict program to find the best emerging peacebuilding organizations and provide with funding.
Selected organizations will receive:
- $4,000 funding for peacebuilding activities
- The opportunity to attend a Peace Direct peacebuilder conference or visit another peacebuilding organisation
- Promotion of their work online.
In the longer term, Peace Direct will use this competition as part of our processes to find partner organisations that we can further fund and help to scale up their work.
The winners will be announced on the International Day of Peace, September 21.
This is a global competition. There is no geographical restriction on applications. In order to be eligible to enter, you must:
- be a registered organisation or community association, established for at least 2 years
- be undertaking peacebuilding work: your organisation will be either a peacebuilding organisation or have peacebuilding as a substantial element of your work.
- have a maximum annual turn-over of $40,000 or less
- be locally based: Your organisation must be based in the country/communities where your work will be done. Your organisation should be an independent organisation, not an in-country or satellite organisation of an international NGO.
The generous supporters of the Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders competition are The Rockwool Foundation, the Blandford Lake Trust, the Serve All Trust and the Trusthouse Charitable Foundation.
For more information, visit this link.