Deadline- April 1, 2013
World Pulse is inviting applications for Voices of Our Future online Training Program. The purpose of organizing this training to lift and unite women’s voices to accelerate their impact for the world.
During the month-long application process, women from around the world receive learning materials via our online classroom introducing them to the frontiers of new media and women’s empowerment. Complete four short writing assignments, which are evaluated by volunteer Listeners and staff. Then they invite 30 of those women to join our six month training program starting in June.
Benefits of the full program include-
- New media and citizen journalism training by renowned experts, including program partners The Global Press Institute and The Op-Ed Project
- Personal mentoring sessions and support from a Vision Mentor
- An Editorial Mentor to help hone your unique voice
- Opportunities for publication through World Pulse and partner media organizations
- Opportunities to connect with grassroots women leaders from around the globe
- Increased visibility for issues and challenges
Eligibility & Criteria-
The Voices of Our Future program is open to all persons worldwide who are at least 18 years of age and have reached the age of majority in their state/country/province of residence as of the date of entry, except for persons residing in jurisdictions where the Contest is prohibited (collectively, “Ineligible Jurisdictions”).
How to apply?
- Join this group by the deadline.
- After applicant have joined this group, please read the post titled “Welcome to the Voices of Our Future Applicants Group 2013.”
- Please fill out the short intake survey before April 2nd
- From April 2nd through April 29th, applicants will be given a series of four (4) sets of learning materials and assignments to complete. The materials are divided into: Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4.
- Read through the learning materials and complete the writing assignment by the due date. Post assignment in journal, carefully following directions for tagging.
For more information, visit this link