Deadline: 18 January 2016
The Horticulture Innovation Lab is currently inviting applications for its funding horticultural projects with development organizations through the Trellis Fund Project. The goal of the Horticulture Innovation Lab’s Trellis Fund is to link knowledgeable graduate students in the United States to small-scale organizations in eligible developing countries through a unique funding structure.
The Trellis Fund aims to empower smallholder farmers with new information as well as build longstanding relationships between host organizations and U.S. researchers.
The maximum funding available for each project is $2,000 USD, with funding available for 15 projects.
- Funding decisions by: April 29, 2016
- Funding available: January 1, 2017
- Six-month projects must be completed by: December 31, 2017
- The Trellis Fund accepts proposals from small organizations in our eligible countries on topics related to fruit and vegetable marketing, production or consumption. Organizations with a staff of 50 or less are preferred.
- Granted organizations will be responsible for completing their issued contracts, a mid-term Skype or phone interview with Trellis Fund coordinators, and a final report. They will also be responsible for following through with the monitoring and evaluation plans that they create and revised with their U.S. graduate student.
How to Apply
Trellis Fund applications are to be submitted electronically in PDF format via email. Budgets must be provided as an Excel spreadsheet using the Horticulture Innovation Lab budget form.
For more information, please visit Innovation lab project.