Deadline: 21 February 2016
Are you a scientist from ASEAN? Are you interested in driving policy debates and data-based decision making to address the most pressing regional and national level challenges? Would you like to expand your professional network within ASEAN and to learn first hand how ASEAN works on issues related to S&T? If you answered yes to these questions, the year-long ASEAN Science and Technology Fellowship may be for you!
United States Mission to ASEAN is seeking applications for its ASEAN-US Science and Technology Fellowship which is an opportunity for early career scientists who are citizens and residents of ASEAN Member State (AMS) to join a team of science leaders exploring opportunities to address key areas of concern and engage in policy making that drives national priorities and affects the lives of citizens in ASEAN.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Advance regional cooperation on ASEAN strategic priorities;
- Strengthen science-based policymaking throughout targeted national government ministries and/or bodies;
- Empower and build the capacity of scientists in ASEAN to take a more prominent role in their respective country’s efforts to integrate into the ASEAN Community.
- Sustainable Energy
- Climate Change and Climate Variability
- Science, Technology and Innovation Policy
Stipend Information: A stipend of $1,200 per month for the 12 months of the Fellowship period will be granted.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applications will be evaluated based upon the following four criteria:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Scientific and/or technical background and professional accomplishments
- Leadership and/or potential for leadership
- Communication, interpersonal, and outreach skills
- Commitment to the three main goals of the ASEAN-U.S. Science and Technology Fellowship
- Applicant should be the citizens and residents of AMS.
- While a Ph.D. is strongly encouraged and preferred, applicants must have at minimum a Master’s degree to apply.
- The Fellowship anticipates that most Fellows will be at the Ph.D. level.
- Candidates with Master’s degrees must have at least five years of professional experience.
- The Fellowship is aimed at early career scientists who will use the experience to enhance and inform future career paths.
- Applicants should be less than 45 years of age as of February 21, 2016.
- All eligible applicants, including women and ethnic minorities, are strongly encouraged to apply to the Fellowship.
- The Fellowship particularly encourages applications from scientists who are not already employed by their home governments.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Interested applicants can submit their application packages via link given on the website.
For more information, please visit United States Mission to ASEAN.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.