Deadline: 1 March 2016
Education for Nature Program (EFN) is proud to continue to support current and aspiring university faculty that are affiliated with or currently employed at African, Asian and Latin American universities to pursue doctoral degrees in social science, natural science and other conservation related fields.
Grant Size and Duration
Applicants may apply for up to three years of funding and request up to $30,000 per year.
Belize, Bhutan, Bolivia, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Colombia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Fiji, French Guiana, Gabon, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Indonesia ,Kenya, Laos, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Republic of Congo, Solomon Islands, Suriname ,Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- You must be a citizen and legal permanent resident of an eligible country.
- You must have at least two years of conservation-related work or research experience.
- You must have a demonstrated commitment to working in academia in an eligible country.
- You must have an existing affiliation with a college or university in an eligible country. Priority will be given to individuals affiliated with underserved universities.
- You must be enrolled in, admitted to, or have applied to a PhD program anywhere in the world.
- You must plan to begin your studies no later than January 2017.
- You must commit to working at an academic institution for at least two years in your home country after the completion of your degree to enhance, expand, or establish a graduate-level conservation program.
- You must not have received a Train Fellowship or Scholarship in the past.
- You must contact EFN if you are a WWF employee, consultant, or previous EFN grant recipient.
- You must submit all required documents by the application deadline.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must apply through the website.
For more information, please visit EFN.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.