Deadline: 30 March 2016
Innovate UK, the Research Councils UK (RCUK) and the Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST) are organizing China–UK research and innovation competition that propose new commercial solutions to challenges impacting the socio-economic growth & development of China in relation to energy, healthcare, urbanisation and agri-food.
The aim of the competition is to bring together companies (small to medium-sized companies and/or larger businesses), research organisations, academics and other collaborators from China and the UK for the joint research and development of new solutions to key socio-economic challenges, in the form of innovative products, processes or services.
- Innovate UK and RCUK have allocated up to £8 million to fund UK participation in collaborative R&D projects that address the challenges outlined in the scope.
- MoST in China has allocated up to £8 million in RMB equivalent to fund the Chinese participation.
- Successful applicants can attract grant funding towards their eligible project costs. The percentage of costs that pay varies, depending on the type of research being carried out and the type of organisation involved.
- Projects must be collaborative, involving both UK and Chinese participants, with both a UK lead partner and a Chinese lead partner.
- On the UK side, projects can be led by either a business or a research organisation.
- The lead partner should be able to demonstrate a clear route to commercialisation of the proposed product(s) or service(s), and should have a primary focus on the translation of research and/or knowledge.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may register and apply from the website, given at the end.
Note: registration will close 6 days before the competition application deadline.
For more details, please visit Research and Innovation Competition.