Deadline: 19 February 2016
The British Embassy Bogotá has announced a Prosperity Fund to promote economic reform and development needed for growth in partner countries. The priorities will include improving the business climate, competitiveness and operation of markets, energy and financial sector reform, and increasing the ability of partner countries to tackle corruption.
The Prosperity Fund will focus on supporting large-scale, multi-year programmes linked to the FCO’s priorities.
- Increase Colombia’s regional stability and prosperity to support sustainable peace through regional capacity building, institutional strengthening, and the generation of better infrastructure and jobs in former conflict regions.
- Improve Colombia’s business environment to facilitate more sustainable, inclusive growth by supporting good governance, reducing corruption and creating more open, competitive markets.
- Enable Colombia to be more competitive; harnessing the use of science, innovation and entrepreneurship; reducing labour informality; and engaging the private sector as leaders on sustainable business.
- Support Colombia’s OECD accession, by collaborating on the implementation of rules-based, international standards.
- Strengthen the Pacific Alliance as an integrated, open-market trading bloc and integrated financial market.
- Build on the Embassy’s existing focus on areas including: infrastructure, anti-corruption, science & innovation, future cities and energy.
- Support Colombia’s transition to a low carbon economy and its ambition to achieve 30% emissions reduction, dependent on international assistance.
- Good Governance & Competitiveness
The 2015 Strategic Defence and Security Review announced a £1.3bn Prosperity Fund over the next 5 years to promote the economic reform and development needed for growth in partner countries.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the Concept bid form through the website and send it via email.
For more information, please visit 2016 Colombia Fund.