Deadline- December 24, 2012
Funding partners invites proposals for Egypt Development Marketplace 2012 to contribute to job creation among young Egyptian men and women by providing financial and technical assistance to social enterprises and inclusive businesses within the agriculture supply chain and handicrafts. The Egypt DM is a national program that will start with a national competition. Based on a rigorous, competitive selection process during which applications go through rigorous, merit-based review by panels of development experts from inside and outside the World Bank who short-list a group of finalists from a pool of applications including a Face to Face DM event, the Egypt DM program will support at least 30 social enterprises, enabling them to create more jobs as they continue to grow over the next few years.
The Egypt DM is collaborated with several partners these are World Bank Group, including the World Bank, the World Bank Institute and the International Finance Corporation (IFC), several partners are planning to financially contribute to the Egypt DM program. Those include the AlKorra Foundation for Sustainable Development (Egypt), the Australian Government Overseas Aid Program (AusAID), Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), the Department for International Development for the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (DFID), the International Labour Organization (ILO), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland, the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development and the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO). Additional pro-bono technical support has been committed by other reputable organizations such as Ashoka, the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), the Misr El Kheir Foundation, Nahdet El Mahrousa, the Social Contract Center (SCC) as well as corporate-sector partners including CISCO, Delta Aromatic, Innoventures, Microsoft and Sobh for Food Industries and Coldstore.
- The Egypt DM will support projects of existing social enterprises that have a potential for scalingup/replication, hence creating more jobs and expanding their impact. This competition targets social enterprises and inclusive businesses which have been operational for at least two years.
- Only already registered organizations with a track record of activities of at least two years are eligible to apply.
- This DM competition is open to inclusive businesses (legally registered as companies or cooperatives) as well as sustainable financially viable civil society organizations (legally registered as NGOs or foundations).
- Individuals, government and academic entities cannot apply.
- Applications can either be submitted in Arabic or English. Only complete applications that respect the page and word limit will be reviewed.
For more information, visit this link