Deadline: 4 May 2015
The U.S. Department of State Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs Office of Assistance Coordination’s Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) invites applications for Leaders for Democracy Fellowship project. This is to advance inclusive governance and empower civil society in the Middle East and North Africa by providing emerging democracy and civil society leaders with academic and skill-based training, as well as linkages with other counterparts across the region.
- Funding Mechanism Type: Cooperative Agreement
- Estimated Number of Awards: 1
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $3,000,000
- Estimated Award Ceiling: $3,000,000
- Estimated Award Floor: $2,500,000
- Length of Project Period: Two years
- Eligible applicants include U.S. or foreign non-profit organizations; for-profit organizations and public international organizations; with function and regional experience in the areas of international exchanges, leadership development, democratic governance, and civil society in the MENA region.
- All applicants must have a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) number.
- All application documents must be submitted in English.
- Applicants may submit only one application which jointly addresses the U.S.-based project, the Middle East and North Africa-based project, and alumni responsibilities.
Applicants must submit an application electronically using either Grants.gov or GrantSolutions.gov. Applications must be time stamped by the deadline.
For more information, visit grants.gov and search for funding opportunity number: NEAAC-ACMEPI-15-007.