Deadline: 8 December 2015
The Swedish Institute is inviting applicants for Young Leaders Visitors Programme to provide the participants with new skills, broadened networks and innovative tools to strengthen their work to drive social change in their respective contexts. The participants are visionaries who are in a position to make a difference and the programme encouraging creative initiatives as well as co-operation.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Swedish Institute helps Sweden reach various international goals concerning foreign policy, education, international aid and development. SI promotes interest and confidence in Sweden around the world. SI seeks to establish cooperation and lasting relations with other countries through strategic communication and exchange in different fields.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- During and after the programme the participants will be part of an active network that will boost creativity and support their personal and professional development, while also laying the platform for a more connected future.
- All costs related to accommodation, food and transport during the YLVP are covered by the Swedish Institute.
- The Swedish Institute will also arrange and pay for your air travel to and from Sweden and to the location of the second module of the programme in the MENA region.
- Leadership training: personal development and group dynamics from an intercultural perspective, encouraging creative initiatives as well as co-operation.
- Social media: training in innovative technologies as tools for shaping public opinion and for building networks that promote knowledge sharing and openness.
- Knowledge exchange and inspiration: new perspectives on how to drive development and change processes in the field of transparency, democracy and human rights.
- Practical experience: practical assignments and projects run throughout the programme in combination with study visits to relevant Swedish institutions and civil society organisations that work in the sphere of culture, society and politics.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
To apply to the Young Leaders Visitors Programme you have to:
- be an engaged leader within the spheres of society, culture, politics or media (for example project managers, youth leaders, journalists, bloggers, activists, youth politicians, cultural workers, civil servants, lawyers and pedagogues)
- work actively for democracy and human rights
- be between 20 and 32 years old (at the time of the start of the programme)
- have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- a citizen of eligible countries
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply via online portal.
For more information, please visit Young Leaders Visitors Programme.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.