Deadline: 16 November 2015
Terre des Hommes in Netherlands (TdH-NL)is inviting non-governmental organisations (NGOs or CSOs) with the required framework to submit a full proposal on- Ending Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children in Ethiopia.
Tackling commercial sexual exploitation of children is an important theme in TdH-NL’s current strategic plan (2011-2015). As part of its new strategic plan (2016-2020), TdH-NL plans to increase its support to comprehensive projects addressing commercial sexual exploitation of children in Eastern Africa. Initial focus will be on three year projects (2016-2018).
Funding is only granted to national organisations (non INGOs) fully registered in the country of implementation. Any sub granting partners must also be fully registered.
Terre des Hommes Netherlands supports Ethiopian NGOs and networks in the execution of projects in Amhara Region. two programmatic areas identified as priorities include:
- Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC)
- Child Trafficking: TdH-NL will work towards the elimination of trafficking and unsafe migration of children mainly along the Addis-Bahir Dar-Gondar route that leads to the border
This RFP specifically aims to address the following outcomes:
- Children at risk of commercial sexual exploitation and children who are victims of commercial sexual exploitation claim their rights
- Families and communities protect children from commercial sexual exploitation
- Government protects children from commercial sexual exploitation by making and adequately implementing laws and policies
- Law enforcement agencies convict perpetrators of commercial sexual exploitation of children
- Civil society organisations protect the rights and best interest of children (specifically children vulnerable to commercial sexual exploitation)
- Private sector contributes to the wellbeing of children vulnerable to or victims of commercial sexual exploitation
Types of activities
Strategies to be considered by applicants should be in line with the 5 P’s strategy of TdH-NL. A minimum of 2 of the 5 P’s should be included in the proposed project. Examples of activities include:
- Children vulnerable to sexual exploitation participate in awareness raising sessions
- Sexually exploited children are withdrawn, rehabilitated and reintegrated with their families and communities
- Sexually exploited children receive education and training services and participate in income generating activities
- Community-based child protection structures are supported and actively take part in protecting children from sexual exploitation
- Members of judiciary and police staff are trained on child protection and child-friendly interview techniques
The following areas in Ethiopia are eligible for funding: urban areas in Amhara Region.
Duration and budget
- The initial planned duration of a project should be 33 months, starting on 1 April 2016.
- Contracts will be entered into on yearly basis; the first one to cover 9 months (1 April – 31 December 2016).
- Depending on the project design, the budget ranges from EUR 200,000 to EUR 250,000 for the full duration of 33 months. The budget for the first 9 months should not exceed EUR 62,500 for 2016.
- Applicant as well as (if applicable) co-applicants need to be fully registered in the country- Ethiopia.
- Applicant as well as (if applicable) co-applicants need to demonstrate a successful track record in addressing commercial sexual exploitation of children.
- The proposal needs to show a coherent programmatic approach.
- The proposed project needs to be based on the Theory of Change with related outcome.
- The budget should be presented as per the required format ready to download from the website.
- This call is open to organisations to apply independently as well as in a consortium / in partnership (i.e. more than one applicant). If an application is made as a consortium, the applicant should as the consortium lead clearly state how the project will be managed and should indicate a clear role for each partner. The appointment of a consortium coordinator position is recommended, to be included in the management costs.
How to Apply
Send your proposal to Terre des Hommes via email with subject heading: Ending CSEC Project Proposal [+ name of (lead) applicant]. Include all required attachments / annexes available to download from the website.
For more information, please visit the official website of Terre des Hommes.