Deadline: 2 November 2015.
The African Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship Program is offering a great opportunity to young African professionals to become leaders in public policy and administration. The ALT Scholarship Program will grant scholarships to young African women and men to pursue a Master’s degree in public administration, public policy or public finances.
The ALT Scholarship Program has two components:
- Academic Component: where the recipient of the scholarship will complete a one to two year Master’s level program in public administration, public policy or public finance at a Canadian university;
- Professional Development Component: where the recipient of the scholarship will complete a comprehensive professional development plan which will include the development of a case study focusing on their home country, as well as exposure to Canadian knowledge, innovation and best practices in public administration and policy through mentoring, webinars and networking events.
The applicant must:
- Be a citizen and resident of sub-Saharan Africa
- Be between 22 and 35 years old (at the beginning of the study program)
- Have completed an undergraduate university degree (4 years of university) with a minimum average of B (75%)
- Have two to five years of work experience in the public sector, civil society sector or research and academic institutions in Africa
- Be fluent in French or English
- Meet all the academic requirements of the study program of choice
- Candidates who have obtained Canadian citizenship, who are permanent residents or who have applied for permanent residency in Canada are not eligible.
- Candidates who are already enrolled in a degree or any program of study at a Canadian university are not eligible.
To know about application process or more, please visit this link.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.