Deadline: 31 October 2015
Are you a young African peace activist looking for the key to self-development to help you in your life and work? Would you like to learn how to develop your own inner peace in order to engage more effectively in your peace work? If yes then apply for these fellowships! Peace revolution is currently inviting applications from African individuals for its Central and West Africa Peace Fellowships 2016.
Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of the Congo, Sao Tome and Principe, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Chad, South Sudan, Benin, Ghana, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Mauritania, Cape Verde, Senegal, Niger, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Togo, Ghana, Gambia, Burkina Faso, St.Helena.
- Empower young people with the tools to inner peace, positive thinking and habits through the practice of mindfulness, self-discipline and meditation.
- Connect young people in these regions and enhance their sense of solidarity, compassion and togetherness.
- Provide a forum of networking and exchange for future collaboration and partnerships while fostering mutual understanding and intercultural dialogue.
The training starts with 21 Days online self-development program on our interactive platform providing you the basic theory and practice; develop the tool for inner peace.
The fellowship offers 5 day intensive training program providing participants with deeper insight in the relationship between inner peace and sustainable world peace through mindfulness and meditation and enhancing their ability to create peace within their family, professional and social environment. Hence participants will learn the benefits of meditation in relation to:
- Conflict prevention and resolution.
- How to overcome fear and deal with terrorism.
- Stress management and non-violent communication.
- Self -discipline and Human Rights.
- Leadership and the pillars for a Stable and peaceful Society.
The fellowship in Cameroon includes:
- Full or partial sponsoring of airfare
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation
- Meditation retreat fee of 100 USD
- Candidates must be African nationals residing in Central or West Africa as mentioned above.
- Candidates should be 20-30 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the airfare support.
- Candidates must have completed 21 days of the online self-development program by October 30th . Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Candidates have good proficiency in written and spoken English language. Those who can speak French will have an added advantage.
- Candidates should be optimistic, be open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace building.
- Candidates should be young leaders in local, national or international organizations.
- Candidates should send a recommendation letter from their organizations.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online through the website.
For more information, please visit Peace fellowship.