Deadline: 15 October 2015
The Association of African Universities (AAU) is inviting applications from the students in West African Countries for its ECOWAS Fellowships programme – 2015 to promote capacity building within the ECOWAS 15-member countries by providing full fellowships for training and education for nationals of ECOWAS member states in higher education institutions of ECOWAS.
The mission of AAU is to raise the quality of higher education in Africa and strengthen its contribution to Africa’s development by fostering collaboration among member institutions; providing support to their core functions of teaching, learning, research and community engagement; and facilitating critical reflection on, and consensus-building around, issues affecting higher education and the development of Africa.
The ECOWAS Fellowship Programme (EFP) is a full scholarship intended to cater for each fellow’s costs of living, tuition fees, visas, travel, insurance and thesis research. In this respect, ECOWAS will pay the tuition fees directly to the institutions and provide a monthly stipend of US$600 per Masters student and US$800 per PhD student to cover all other expenses for the duration of the degree programme.
Fields of Study
Following are the fields of study:-
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM);
- Earth and Life Sciences;
- Health including maternal and child health, HIV/AIDS, etc.;
- Agriculture, Food Security and related disciplines
- History of Africa
- Information technology; and
- Gender issues.
- Applicants can be qualified nationals (including graduate students, researchers, lecturers, and staff) of ECOWAS member states.
- Applicants must have good first degree (at least second class upper division or its equivalent) for Masters degree programme.
- Applicants can have MPhil degree or its equivalent for PhD programme.
- Female applicants are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- Applicants must apply online through the website.
- Each application must include the following:
- A photocopy of the degree and other certificates.
- Most recent curriculum vitae.
For more information, please visit ECOWAS Fellowships.