Deadline: 30 November 2015
The ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE) has issued a call for proposals for its Research Grant Program for policy research in any of the energy fields (e.g. energy technologies, energy finance, energy economics, energy policy, energy and the environment/climate change, energy and development, energy law etc.)
The Research Grant Program is part of the ECOWAS initiative on Youth Leadership Development in Energy, which works to prepare the region’s young men and women to become globally competitive energy leaders in the future.
The Research Grant Program aims to build and strengthen the capacity of young West Africans to contribute and participate actively in the energy discourse at the national and regional levels and, thus, ensure that the youth has a say in the way energy development is shaped in West Africa.
- Teams will receive a grant amount of not more than 1500 EUR to contribute to the formulation of evidence-based energy policies in the region.
- The grant will cover costs related to:
- Fieldwork, travel
- Minor Equipment
- Office supplies, copying/printing
- Support (research assistants/respondents)
- The Research Grant Program will support research proposals that aim at employing scientific methodologies.
- Research teams must comprise of young West African researchers of not more than 35 years of age.
- Participants should at least be students in an institution of higher education (in the region or outside the region).
- Research teams with a Master or PhD degree holder, or equivalent, will be given priority.
- Membership to the Network of Young Energy Researchers is required for team members after selection of their proposal.
- The young researchers must be supervised by a Project Advisor5 in partnership with an institution likely to use the research results.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their applications at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Research Grant Program.