Deadline: 15 August 2015
The Free Movement of Persons and Migration (FMM) in West Africa is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for its grants and capacity building services to Non-State actors (NSA) to scale up effective and comprehensive free movement and migrant assistance services, as well as to reinforce the cross-border cooperation.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The FMM West Africa Fund was established to provide a coordinated support to NSAs and Local Authorities (LA) in West Africa, in line with the ECOWAS Common Approach of migration, the Vision 20-20 and the Draft Action Plan on Gender and Migration (2015-2020).
Thematic Areas of the Fund
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Strengthening the free movement of persons, right of residence and establishment in the ECOWAS region;
- Supporting the cross- border movement of populations and promoting cross-border cooperation;
- Protection of vulnerable migrants and preventing violation of their fundamental human rights;
- Protection and empowerment of migrant workers;
- Reintegration of returning migrants;
- Gender and migration dimension.
Eligible Countries: ECOWAS member states which includes: Benin, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo,Cape Verde, Guinea Bissau, Niger and/or Mauritania.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Project location: The proposed project must be implemented in one or more ECOWAS Member States and/or Mauritania.
- Project duration: The planned duration of the project may not be less than 12 months and not exceed 18 months.
- Project budget: The total budget of the proposed project must fall between 50, 000 EUR and 100,000 EUR.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Applicants eligible to receive grants from the FMM West Africa Fund must be Non-State Actors legally registered and operating in one of the 15 ECOWAS member states (listed above) or Mauritania. Eligible Non-State Actors include:
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs);
- Economic and Social partners ( such as Trade unions and Employer’s associations);
- Private sector ( such as Business organisations and other private sector associations);
- Traders and Transporters Associations or Syndicates;
- Media organizations;
- Migrants associations.
- The organisation must be legally registered;
- The organisation has a management structure with clearly defined and divided roles and responsibilities;
- The organisation has sufficient technical and institutional capacity necessary for the efficient and effective implementation of the proposed project;
- The organisation documented a sufficient administrative and accountability capacity;
- The organisation has an annual statement of accounts and an internal control system with adequate internal manuals and financial guidelines;
- The organisation has a bank account operated by more than one signatory, and opened minimum two years ago.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
In order to enhance local ownership, applicants are encouraged to submit proposals in partnership with public local authorities. Eligible public local authorities include:
- Associations of municipalities;
- Local councils;
- Local administrative bodies of decentralized government institutions from cross-border areas.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- The FMM West Africa Fund follows a two-step application process:
- Concept Note
- Full Proposal
- Concept Notes should be prepared in accordance with the template provided in Annex 1 and written in one of the ECOWAS official languages (English, French or Portuguese) and should be accompanied by the following annexes:
- Administrative Identification Form
- Partnership Declaration (if any)
- Copy of a valid certificate of registration of the organization
- Organisational Chart of the organization
- Check-List for Concept Note
- The Concept Note and annexes must be submitted via email.
- Applicants whose Concept Notes have been successful will be invited to submit a Full Proposal.
Note: Applications sent by any other means or delivered to other email addresses will not be considered.
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals West Africa.