Deadline extended till 1 April 2016
Third Sector Africa is inviting applicants for its Ghana Social Impact Awards with a motive to recognize and celebrate organizations and individuals who have played tremendous and remarkable roles in improving Ghana’s third sector (voluntary, non-governmental, projects and social enterprises).
With the insight and participation of experts and institutions, the GHANA SOCIAL IMPACT AWARDS process introduces a new methodology for measuring social impact across courses at a national scale that provides insight into the program strategies, outputs, outcomes and growth of these bold solutions relative to the problem being addressed.
- To raise the profile of the charity sector.
- To honor the outstanding individuals involved in the varied fields of charity and humanitarian work.
- To celebrate the exceptional contributions of organizations to the global community.
- To provide formal recognition and showcase those who are providing valuable support to the sector.
- To promote the development of best practice and high standards.
- The Awards lies in the opportunity for charitable organizations to tell their stories and spread awareness for their courses.
- To be able to link and recommend donors and foundations to suitable organization
- To create a common interactive medium where prevailing issues are identified and challenged
- Strong Nominees can be addressing a problem that affects a large geographic area signaling a large scale issue OR they could be serving a smaller geographic area that has tremendous suffering and need.
- It’s important that the problem identified by the Nominee is significant both in size and severity.
- What is the scale of the problem (e.g., number of people affected, geographic area of need)?
- What is the significance of the change they are trying to make (e.g., depth of suffering averted, significance of opportunity gained, etc.)?
- Did the Nominee demonstrate a significant understanding of the problem?
In order to be eligible to participate in the GHANA SOCIAL IMPACT AWARDS Program you must:
- Be a Social Impact Organization based anywhere, although your Programs may be implemented in Ghana.
- Have a representative that is 18 years of age or older
- Completely fill out the Program Section of your Org Profile.
- Comply with all rules, restrictions, and processes laid out in these Official Rules.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Social Impact Awards.