Deadline: 15 December 2015
GIZ is seeking applications for its BACKUP health program in order to support a range of Global Fund processes at the country level.
The GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. Most of GIZ’s activities are commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
GIZ also operates on behalf of other German ministries as well as German federal states and municipalities, and public and private sector clients both in Germany and abroad. These include the governments of other countries, the European Commission, the United Nations, and the World Bank.
The programme’s work centres on developing capacities in three intervention areas:
- Country Coordinating Mechanisms
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Grant Management
GIZ: Country Coordinating Mechanism to Implement Disease Control Programs
The Global Fund is an international financing mechanism that supports countries to implement disease control programmes focusing on HIV, tuberculosis and malaria, its programmes are implemented by in-country partners such as Country Coordinating Mechanisms (CCMs).
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
CCMs comprise members of various constituencies, which usually include ministries of health (and particularly their national disease control programmes), civil society organisations (faith and non-faith based), people living with the three diseases, and representatives of the private sector and of bilateral and multilateral organisations.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- coordinate the development and submission of national proposals;
- nominate the Principal Recipient;
- oversee implementation of the approved grant and submit requests for continued funding;
- approve any reprogramming and submit requests for continued funding;
- ensure linkages and consistency between Global Fund grants and other national health and development programmes.
Burkina Faso, Burundi, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Nepal, Guatemala, Peru, Armenia, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- A transparent and inclusive concept-note development process
- An open and transparent principal recipient selection process
- Oversight of planning and implementation
- A CCM membership that includes affected communities (particularly those representing people living with the diseases and from key affected populations)
- Processes for electing non-governmental CCM members
- Management of conflicts of interest in CCMs
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Interested stakeholders can submit their application forms at the mail address, given on the PDF.
For more information, please download the PDF.