Deadline: 14 March 2016
The National Coalition Funding Stream supports advancement of the CRPD at national levels through lobbying for legislative changes (including but not limited to CRPD ratification), monitoring and reporting on implementation of the CRPD or other international human rights mechanisms, or following up on the recommendations made by UN human rights mechanisms to States in regard to implementation of the rights of persons with disabilities (PWDs).
In addition, this funding stream supports national-level coalitions to advocate that national development programs, policies, legislation and frameworks are inclusive of persons with disabilities and to ensure that efforts to implement the Sustainable Development Goals include persons with disabilities.
This stream is intended for organizations that are prominent in the disability movement at the country level. Because of the importance of joint advocacy at this level, only coalitions of three or more organizations will be funded.
Development of a national platform to work on:
- Ratification of the CRPD and/or the Optional Protocol (where not ratified)
- Passage of specific legislation to accord with the CRPD
- Production of and/or follow up to alternative reports to the CRPD Committee
- Production of and/or follow up to reports submitted to other UN human rights monitoring mechanisms such as the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) of the Human Rights Council or to other Committees of Experts from other human rights treaties
- Advocacy to national or international agencies responsible for development planning to ensure that national action plans and programs aiming to implement the SDGs are inclusive of persons with disabilities and use the CRPD as a guiding document
- Advocacy to ensure formal inclusion of DPO representatives in national governmental implementation and/or monitoring of the CRPD
Funding Information: Grant amounts will range from USD 30,000–50,000 per year (USD 60,000 to 100,000 over the course of two years).
- National Coalitions of three or more organizations where the Coalition is conceived and led by a DPO may submit applications.
- Applications from National Coalitions must be submitted by one managing DPO with national scope on behalf of the Coalition.
- Applicant organizations will be responsible for coordinating the Coalition and managing the grant.
- National umbrella organizations or federations are considered one organization for the purposes of this application and therefore, must form a Coalition with other organizations to be eligible.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can send their complete application forms for all the three grant programs at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Disability Rights Fund.