Deadline: 30 April 2016
The Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA) is inviting proposals from local organizations based in West Africa. OSIWA works to support the creation of open societies in West Africa marked by functioning democracy, good governance, and the rule of law, basic freedoms, and widespread civic participation.
OSIWA only supports innovative interventions with effective strategies that respond to the broader deep-seated political, justice and socio-economic roadblocks to open society in West Africa.
- Economic Governance and advancement
- Drug Policy
- Human Rights & Democratic Practice
- Justice Reform & The Rule Of Law
- Journalism, Information & Digital Rights
- OSIWA primarily awards grants to local organizations based in West Africa. In rare and limited circumstances, it provides support to West Africa-based international organizations with a strong commitment to transfer knowledge to local groups they partner with.
- OSIWA provides grants to government institutions as well as regional and sub-regional organizations working in its core priority areas.
- OSIWA requires all organizations seeking funding to submit a complete proposal, budget, a monitoring and evaluation plan, and other relevant documents including leadership information (list of Board members, trustees and management staff who will be involved in the project), proof of registration and banking details.
How to Apply
- Applicants must download the Proposal Template through the website and send it via email.
- OSIWA encourages the early submission of proposals. Submitted proposals will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more information, please visit the Call for Proposals.
ANAIGBA JAMESON DEAKAA[ESQ CNA,FCE] FUNDER/PRESIDENT GENERAL PEACE IN NIGERIA INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATION[PINIO] says
AS A JOURNALIST,CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT,FELLOW CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF ECONOMISTS OF NIGERIA AND AN ARTISTE, FUNDER/PRESIDENT GENERAL PEACE IN NIGERIA INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATION,ONE OF OUR CALL OBJECTIVE IS TO TOUCH LIVES,PROVIDE BASIC NEEDS AND SERVICES FOR THE NEEDY,IT IS A MATERIAL FACT THAT WE ARE ALREADY PROTECTING HUMAN RIGHTS BY COMPLEMENTING GOVERNMENT EFFORTS.THEREFORE,MY ATTENDANCE TO THIS PERTINENT PROGRAM WILL IN NO DOUBT PROVIDE ME OPPORTUNITIES TO IMPROVE MORE.
Deepika Singh says
Fundsforngos is not a funding organization and we do not provide grants. We are a social enterprise that provides fundraising guides, resources, and the latest funding opportunities to help you fundraise better and secure grant funding.
For more information regarding the program, please visit the link at the end of the post.