The Disability Rights Fund (DRF) is seeking applications for its three grant programs to strengthen the participation of Disabled Persons’ Organizations (DPOs) in the advancement of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
DRF supports Disabled Persons Organizations in the developing world to take the lead in advocating for the human rights of persons with disabilities at local and national levels, utilizing the mechanism of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD).
DRF’s Guiding Principles
- Respect for inherent dignity, individual autonomy including the freedom to make one’s own choices, and independence of persons
- Full and effective participation and inclusion in society
- Respect for difference and acceptance of persons with disabilities as part of human diversity and humanity
- Equality of opportunity
- Equality between men and women
- Respect for the evolving capacities of children with disabilities and respect for the right of children with disabilities to preserve their identities
- Small Grants: Single organizations or partnerships
- Mid-Level Coalition grants: Sub-national (state, regional, provincial, district) DPO-led coalitions
- National Coalition grants: National DPO-led coalitions
Please visit next page for detailed information on the three grant programs.