Deadline: 31 December 2015
The International Foundation for Science (IFS) is inviting early-career scientists in IFS eligible developing countries for its IFS Individual Research Grants to support excellent individual research and to build capacity of early-career scientists in the developing world to undertake research on the sustainable management of biological and water resources.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Afghanistan, Angola , Bangladesh, Benin, Belize, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gambia, The Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, DPR, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia , Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Philippines, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Rep., Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia, Zimbabwe.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Proposals are sought under one of three research areas:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Biological Resources in Terrestrial Systems
- Including but not limited to: Biodiversity, Forestry, Natural Products, Renewable Energy and Climate Change.
- Water and Aquatic Resources
- Including but not limited to: Water Resources Research; Research on all aspects of freshwater, brackish and marine aquatic organisms and their environments.
- Food Security, Dietary Diversity and Healthy Livelihoods
- Including but not limited to: Research on Food Production; Animal, Production and Veterinary Medicine; Crop Science including Underutilized, Crops; Food Science and Nutrition, and Food Security issues.
- Individual Research grants are awarded on merit in amounts up to USD 12,000 for one to three.
- Grants are intended for the purchase of basic tools for research: equipment, expendable supplies and literature, as well as field activities.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants for IFS Research Grants
- Personal Eligibility
- Must be citizens of eligible countries, and carry out their research in an eligible country (this does not have to be the country of citizenship)
- Must have a minimum of an MSc, MA or equivalent academic degree
- Must be (for men) younger than 35 years of age, and (for women) 40 years of age [If the applicant’s 35th (men)/40th (women) birthday is on or after the closing date of the call, he/she is still eligible.]
- Researchers, who are already IFS grantees, are eligible to apply for a renewal grant irrespective of age.
- Institutional Affiliation
- Applicants must be attached to a national research institute (e.g. university, non-profit making research centre, or research-oriented NGO) in a developing country.
- The institution is expected to: administer the grant, guarantee that the applicant has a salary (or other source of income), and provide basic research facilities.
- Researchers employed at international research institutes are NOT eligible. However, researchers doing part of their project at an international institute can apply for an IFS grant, if their principal affiliation is with a national institution.
- Country Eligibility
- Eligible for IFS support are low and lower middle income countries and the IFS cut off point for country eligibility is the middle income GNI threshold.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Individual Research Grants.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.