ActionAid initiated Inspirators are the cross national placements of development practitioners between 3 to 9 months.
Inspirators are development practitioners with considerable hands on experiences from developing or newly industrialised countries. Inspirators are typically placed with one of our local partner organisations for a shorter period of time to provide capacity building input for concrete activities. Inspirators are volunteers driven by solidarity and commitment to development issues and an interest to gain knowledge and international work experience.
How the Inspirators system works
Inspirators are selected from a database called the Inspirator Roster. The Inspirator Roster consists of screened and approved Inspirator candidates. Approved Inspirator candidates will be placed when and if their qualifications match an approved job description. Furthermore, the receiving organisation must approve the Inspirator candidate. It is the need alone of organisations that ActionAid cooperates with, which decides when and where an Inspirator can be placed. Interested candidates can apply online at theActionAid website. All applicants who register, will go through a validation process in order to be listed in the Inspirator Roster. It is important to point out that enrolment in the Roster does not guarantee placement. Approved candidates are listed as active for a period of 1 year. After this candidates receive an email asking whether they wish to be active in the Roster the following year.
Who can apply?
Currently, ActionAid Denmark only accepts applications from candidates residing within the following countries:
- Africa: Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Zambia, Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya, South Africa & Angola
- Middle East: Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon & Occupied Territory Palestine
- Asia: Nepal, India & Pakistan
- Latin America: Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Ecuador, Brazil, Argentina, Dominican Republic.
- Europe: Denmark
Residents in other countries than listed above, will not be accepted for the Roster
ActionAid is looking for dedicated development practitioners, who have:
- At least 5 years of paid or voluntary work experience
- At least 3 years of paid or voluntary work experience within a specific and relevant subject area
- Paid or voluntary work experience from developing or newly industrialised countries
- Voluntary work experience
- Strong sense of solidarity and volunteerism
- Facilitation and motivational skills
- Ability to transfer knowledge
- Personal drive and motivation to become an Inspirator
- Inspirators are volunteers and will therefore not receive a formal salary. Inspirators will however have their expenses covered while abroad. An Inspirator can thus expect to receive the following:
- A return ticket from their home country to the country of service
- A lump sum to cover expenses related to expatriating
- A daily living allowance to cover modest living costs and private transportation in the country of service
- A “Home Country Subsidy” to partly compensate for some of the expenditures in the home country
- Free modest accommodation
- A relocation allowance to allow the Inspirator to purchase basic furniture and kitchen utensils.
- Insurance coverage
- Inspirators should be aware that all allowances and subsidies are subjected to local tax.
- All inspirators accepted for posting are required to participate in an online introduction course to ActionAid International and to the role of an Inspirator prior to the commencement of their placement or arrival in the country of service.
For more information and details, you can visit this link.