Deadline: 31 March 2016
Applications are open for 7th Earth Care Awards (ECAs) 2016 to promote resilience to climate change and reduction of greenhouse gases in the development of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
The objective is to reduce emissions, adopt approaches to protect land and water resources and promote innovations for reducing impacts, emphasizing appropriate environmental action.
- Community based mitigation and adaptation in water resources, agriculture, forestry and other land use
- Innovations for climate protection
- GHG mitigation in Large Enterprises
- Leadership in Urban Climate Action
- The awards invite applications across its categories from countries in South Asian Region – India, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives and Sri Lanka.
- Government departments, Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs), Community based Organizations (CBOs), Local Community Groups (Joint Forest Management groups, Water Users Associations; Organizations or parts of organizations (self-accounting profit centres) in the private and public sector supported by multilateral/bilateral agencies.
- The project/activity reported should have been conceptualized and implemented during the period from April 2005 to March 2015 with proven and verifiable results.
- The operations of the applicant must be carried out independently; project objectives, benefits, responsibilities, authorities, results, etc. should be clearly defined. This must be clearly documented, for example, in the project proposal, project report and publication and annual report, organization plan or its equivalent.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the application from via given website.
For more information, please visit Earth Care Awards.