Deadline: 7 December 2015
USIEF promotes mutual understanding between the nationals of India and the U.S. through the educational exchange of outstanding scholars, professionals and students.
Seminars/Workshops can be organized in the following fields:
- Agricultural Sciences;
- Arts and Culture Management;
- Climate Change;
- Energy Studies;
- Public Health;
- Science and Technology (limited to bioengineering, climate change science, computer and mathematical science, and neurosciences);
- Strategic Studies;
- Urban and Regional Planning; and
- Women and Gender Studies
- First week of February, 2016: Announcement of the winners
- September 30, 2016: Completion of the proposed workshop
- Applicants must be Indian citizens who are alumni of USIEF administered programs.
- Alumni who have received a USIEF Alumni Award previously are ineligible to apply.
Budget and Funding
- Alumni may submit proposals for funding up to INR 100,000.
- Alumni are encouraged to look for opportunities for cost-sharing.
- Allowable costs for conducting the seminar include research; travel; transportation; honorarium for speakers/experts; documentation; publications such as booklets, information materials or manuals; and meals or refreshments.
- Original bills and receipts must be submitted at the end of the program for reimbursement.
Note: USIEF must be acknowledged as a sponsor during the actual program. The USIEF logo must be displayed in all printed materials.
The proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Relevance and impact;
- Contribution to remote and underserved areas; engaging other USIEF alumni;
- Visibility for USIEF and USIEF administered programs;
- Financial feasibility.
How to Apply
Alumni must submit proposals in the prescribed format along with a cover letter via email.
For more information, please visit Alumni Awards Competition 2015-2016.