Deadline: 7 December 2015
USIEF promotes mutual understanding between the nationals of India and the U.S. through the educational exchange of outstanding scholars, professionals and students.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Seminars/Workshops can be organized in the following fields:
- Agricultural Sciences;
- Arts and Culture Management;
- Climate Change;
- Energy Studies;
- Public Health;
- Science and Technology (limited to bioengineering, climate change science, computer and mathematical science, and neurosciences);
- Strategic Studies;
- Urban and Regional Planning; and
- Women and Gender Studies
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- First week of February, 2016: Announcement of the winners
- September 30, 2016: Completion of the proposed workshop
- Applicants must be Indian citizens who are alumni of USIEF administered programs.
- Alumni who have received a USIEF Alumni Award previously are ineligible to apply.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Alumni may submit proposals for funding up to INR 100,000.
- Alumni are encouraged to look for opportunities for cost-sharing.
- Allowable costs for conducting the seminar include research; travel; transportation; honorarium for speakers/experts; documentation; publications such as booklets, information materials or manuals; and meals or refreshments.
- Original bills and receipts must be submitted at the end of the program for reimbursement.
Note: USIEF must be acknowledged as a sponsor during the actual program. The USIEF logo must be displayed in all printed materials.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
The proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Relevance and impact;
- Contribution to remote and underserved areas; engaging other USIEF alumni;
- Visibility for USIEF and USIEF administered programs;
- Financial feasibility.
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Alumni must submit proposals in the prescribed format along with a cover letter via email.
For more information, please visit Alumni Awards Competition 2015-2016.