Deadline: 31 December 2015
The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India (GoI), is currently inviting applications from the Indian scientists for the implementation of a scheme- Science and Technology for Women with a view to empower women through inputs of Science and Technology.
- To promote research, development and adaptation of technology to improve the quality of life, workings conditions for women.
- To provide newer opportunities for gainful employment of women especially in rural areas.
- To increase the contribution of women scientists to technology based development.
The following priority areas have been identified under the scheme:
- Specific science and technology application program to solve the problems of women in different regions such as hill, coastal and arid;
- Research and development on post-harvest technology and agricultural implements used by women to improve productivity and reduce drudgery;
- Improved practices for occupational health and enhanced production in technology areas where women form a majority of the stake holders sericulture, aquaculture, etc;
- Research, development and demonstration program to minimize occupational hazards of women in domestic, agricultural and organized and non-organized industries;
- Design, fabrication and improvement of equipment, accessories, tools and machineries used by women in different occupations in formal and non-formal sectors;
- Up-gradation of traditional skills for utilization of available local resources and providing means for women to enter into the organized sector or for starting entrepreneurial production or service units;
- Enhancing capability of women in modern industries particularly in electrical and electronic technologies;
- Women’s Health issues – Nutrition, non communicable diseases, prevention strategies for communicable diseases; and
- Selective studies on issues concerning women scientists and engineers.
Applicants must be –
- Academic, R&D Institutions, Central and State Government organizations with proven track record in executing S&T based projects.
- Private Universities/Colleges/Autonomous Institutes recognized by AICTE/MHRD/UGC having experience in executing S&T projects.
- Community Based Organizations/Potential Voluntary Organizations (NGO’s) with at least ten (10) years of experience and having successfully.
- Ministry of Science and Technology implemented at least five major projects with support from S&T Departments/other credible funding agencies.
- Community Based Organizations (Voluntary organizations & NGO’s) should have mandatory tie up with S&T Institutions for technology transfer.
- Applicants must be physically present in the location specified for intervention to include an office and required space/land.
How to Apply
- Applicants must submit project proposals (5 hard copies & 1 soft copy in MS word format only) in the prescribed format.
- The envelope containing the proposals should be superscribed “PROPOSAL UNDER WOMEN TECHNOLOGY PARK (WTP)” and should be submitted via mail.
For more information, please visit Science and Technology for Women.