Deadline: 31 December 2015
The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India (GoI), is currently inviting applications from the Indian scientists for the implementation of a scheme- Science and Technology for Women with a view to empower women through inputs of Science and Technology.
- To promote research, development and adaptation of technology to improve the quality of life, workings conditions for women.
- To provide newer opportunities for gainful employment of women especially in rural areas.
- To increase the contribution of women scientists to technology based development.
The following priority areas have been identified under the scheme:
- Specific science and technology application program to solve the problems of women in different regions such as hill, coastal and arid;
- Research and development on post-harvest technology and agricultural implements used by women to improve productivity and reduce drudgery;
- Improved practices for occupational health and enhanced production in technology areas where women form a majority of the stake holders sericulture, aquaculture, etc;
- Research, development and demonstration program to minimize occupational hazards of women in domestic, agricultural and organized and non-organized industries;
- Design, fabrication and improvement of equipment, accessories, tools and machineries used by women in different occupations in formal and non-formal sectors;
- Up-gradation of traditional skills for utilization of available local resources and providing means for women to enter into the organized sector or for starting entrepreneurial production or service units;
- Enhancing capability of women in modern industries particularly in electrical and electronic technologies;
- Women’s Health issues – Nutrition, non communicable diseases, prevention strategies for communicable diseases; and
- Selective studies on issues concerning women scientists and engineers.
Applicants must be –
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Academic, R&D Institutions, Central and State Government organizations with proven track record in executing S&T based projects.
- Private Universities/Colleges/Autonomous Institutes recognized by AICTE/MHRD/UGC having experience in executing S&T projects.
- Community Based Organizations/Potential Voluntary Organizations (NGO’s) with at least ten (10) years of experience and having successfully.
- Ministry of Science and Technology implemented at least five major projects with support from S&T Departments/other credible funding agencies.
- Community Based Organizations (Voluntary organizations & NGO’s) should have mandatory tie up with S&T Institutions for technology transfer.
- Applicants must be physically present in the location specified for intervention to include an office and required space/land.
How to Apply
- Applicants must submit project proposals (5 hard copies & 1 soft copy in MS word format only) in the prescribed format.
- The envelope containing the proposals should be superscribed “PROPOSAL UNDER WOMEN TECHNOLOGY PARK (WTP)” and should be submitted via mail.
For more information, please visit Science and Technology for Women.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.