Deadline: 23 November 2015
The School of Public Policy (SPP) and the Institute for Advanced Study at Central European University (CEU IAS) in Budapest, and the Global Public Policy Institute (GPPi) in Berlin is currently inviting applications from outstanding researchers in nine countries (Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Mexico, Nigeria, South Africa, Turkey) to participate in the Global Challenges Fellowships 2016–17.
What Fellowships Cover?
The program supports up to two junior and two senior Fellows per year. During their fellowship, they publish journal articles and/or policy papers and participate in a series of small working group-style discussions and seminars.
- Applicants from Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Mexico, Nigeria, South Africa and Turkey are eligible to apply. Applicants must be residents of these countries at the time of application.
- Applicants must hold an academic degree (master’s, PhD or equivalent) in the social sciences, humanities and/or law.
- Applicants must have at least three years of demonstrated professional experience at the time of application. Those with at least 15 years of demonstrated policy-making experience or seven years of experience since earning their PhDs will be considered for the senior fellowship. Other applicants will be considered for the junior fellowship.
- Applicants must be able to communicate fluently (speaking and writing) in English, the working language of the program.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated record of policy engagement and submit an innovative research proposal.
- Full-time CEU employees and graduates are ineligible to apply within six years of the completion of their studies or contracts (i.e., degrees must have been received and contracts must have ended no later than December 31, 2009). Part-time or temporary employees of CEU are ineligible within three years of the completion of their contracts (i.e., contracts must have ended no later than December 31, 2012).
How to Apply
Applicants must apply through registering themselves at the website.
For more information, please visit GCF Call for Applications.