Deadline: 26 November 2015
The Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD), Government of India has launched Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban) – scheme for eliminating open defecation and for enhancing sanitation and public health outcomes in urban areas of country within five years from October 2nd, 2014 to October 2nd 2019 by providing technical and financial support to state and city governments.
Nominations are invited for the awards that cover wide range of good practices across various categories that have resulted in enhanced quality of sanitation service delivery levels to the citizens at large and the poor and marginalized in particular.
Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban) Awards are instituted by the Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India in association with the Administrative Staff College of India (ASCI) and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) to recognize, inspire and celebrate excellence in urban sanitation management. These awards have been instituted with the explicit purpose of honoring urban local bodies, water boards and organizations that assist them in taking significant steps towards effective sanitation management and effecting improvement in service delivery.
What are the categories for the Award?
The awards are meant to acknowledge organizations that have made an exceptional contribution to the urban sanitation sector in one or more of the following categories:
- Innovative Practices in Improving Access: Individual toilets, Community toilets, Public toilets, Mobile toilets, SHE toilets, Sanitation in institutions, Technology innovations such as biotoilets, Eco-san toilets, Cost effective options, Model wards etc.
- Solid Waste Management
- IEC and Public Awareness
- Public Private Partnership
- Innovative Financing
- Innovative O & M
- ICT in Urban Sanitation & Regulation
The awards would be open to:
- Urban Local Bodies (ULBs)
- Parastatal agencies /Water Utilities and Boards
- Non-Government Organizations, Community-Based Organizations, Private-Sector Organizations, Bilateral and Multilateral agencies in collaboration with ULBs / Water Utilities and Boards.
How to apply?
- Eligible and interested organisations are invited to submit entries in the format prescribed in Entry Form. All the eligible organisations can submit multiple entries in different categories.
- An Advisory Committee, comprising sector experts, policy makers, academia, civil society organisations will assess entries based on the evaluation criteria. Finalists will be selected following a multistage procedure that will include initial screening and shortlisting followed by field validation of the shortlisted entries. Organisations that make it to the shortlist will be invited to make a detailed presentation.
For more information please visit this Link.