Pre-Grant proposals can be submitted anytime
The Smile Foundation accepts pre-proposals from grass-root non government organisations (NGOs) throughout India all round the year. Grants request can be made for projects addressing the needs of children, their families and the larger community.
Smile Foundation is a national level development organization with its welfare projects spread across India. It works with the mission to empower underprivileged children, youth and their families and community through relevant education, innovative healthcare and market-focused livelihood programmes. At present Smile Foundation is directly benefitting more than 300,000 children, youth and women through 158 welfare projects across 25 states of India.
- Women empowerment
- Mission Education Programme is an initiative formulated for the education of underprivileged children. The programme is operating in 21 states in India.
- The programme is committed to provide basic education and healthcare to underprivileged children to:
- Pre-school [3-6 yrs]
- Non Formal Education [6-14 yrs non-school going]
- Remedial Education [6-14 yrs school going]
- Bridge Course [14-18 yrs drop-outs]
- Working for the education for needy children it also helps children in situations like child labour, children of poorest of the parents, children inflicted and affected with HIV/AIDS, street and runaway children, children with rare disabilities, disaster struck children and slum children.
- At present, the programme is reaching out to 16,500 children directly through 70 projects in 21 states across India benefitting more than 200,000 children.
Smile on Wheels programme is an another initiative formulated that involves a unique mobile hospital programme seeking to address problems of mobility, accessibility and availability of primary health care. Special features of the programme are-
- It health problems of children and women, in urban slums and remote rural areas.
- Take healthcare to the doorsteps of the urban poor and underserved villagers in the remote rural areas and urban slums.
- Each mobile hospital is equipped with an examination table, ECG, a Calorimeter, First Aid kit, IV fluid transmission hook, Nebulizer, Centrifuge for pathological tests, Oxygen cylinders, Stretcher, small chiller cum refrigerator, public address systems among others.
- Each Smile on Wheels has a qualified doctor, nurse, pharmacist, project officer, driver and a community mobilizer.
- At present 19 SoWs are providing healthcare in 265 remote villages and urban slums across India benefitting 231,000 people directly in a year.
Smile Twin E- learning Programme (STeP) is an initiative by Smile Foundation that aims at creating a pool of young and independent people, from the marginalized section, through skill enhancement with market requirements. Special features of the programme are-
- 10th and 12th pass youth in the age groups of 18-25 years is the target groups of this programme.
- Recognizes as the livelihood programme, it trains urban underprivileged youth with market-oriented job skills and makes them employable in the retail and service sector across India.
- Also it trains the adolescent youth in English Proficiency, Basic Computer Education and Soft Skills along with personality development, retail management etc. enhancing their prospects of employment in the fast expanding retail, hospitality and BPO sectors.
- More than 13,750 youth have been trained and 9850 have been placed in over 140 brands through 35 STeP centres across India.
Swabhiman is an initiative formulated to save the girl child, empower poor and support women empowerment. The scheme works on ‘4 S Models:
- Seeking Healthcare as a Behavior
- Support through Education
- Support from Men through Male Involvement
- Sustaining Change in the Community.
Uptill now 150,000 girls and women have benefited under this programme.
Organisations seeking grant under any of the 4 thematic areas of Smile Foundation should read the following eligibility criteria and application procedure carefully:
- Applicant must be emerging and committed grassroots organizations reaching out to underprivileged communities.
- The target beneficiaries for the pre- proposal grants must be children, their families and the communities.
- The proposals must be for the areas of education, healthcare, youth employability and empowerment of women and girls.
How to Apply
Applicants can fill up the application form available on the website. The foundation will respond back after scrutinizing applications. Applicant needs to fill the-
- Basic details about the organization
- List of management committee/board of directors of the organization
- Reference of two persons/institutions who can be contacted by Smile Foundation for reference purposes
- Past funders or donor agencies that supported the organization in past
- Details about the proposals
To apply online, please visit Pre grant Proposal form.
For more information about the foundation, please visit Smile Foundation Grants.