Deadline: 21 January 2016
The Swedish Institute is currently inviting applications for its Creative Force programme 2016. The Creative Force programme provides funding for collaborative initiatives involving organisations in Sweden and in the focused regions mentioned below with the overall objective to strengthen democratic structures and freedom of expression in the target countries.
Creative Force programme provides two types of funding:
- Seed funding: Seed funding is available for such purposes as small-scale projects, project start-ups and planning trips.
- Collaborative projects funding: Creative Force projects should also have a communicative dimension with the potential to influence opinion and encourage a dialogue about the issues which the project works.
- Africa: Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
- Eastern Europe: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldavia, Turkey and Ukraine
- MENA: Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
Funding available & Duration
- For Seed funds,the maximum amount that can be applied for is SEK 100,000.
- For collaborative projects, sSums in the range SEK 100,000 − SEK 500,000/year may be applied for. The maximum project duration is two years.
Applicants must be Swedish civil society organizations, foundations, public sector agencies, private sector agencies or other professional actors. It is always the Swedish partner in a collaboration who is formally responsible for the application and legally accountable to the Swedish Institute.
How to Apply
Applicants must fill the online application form through the website and include the following documents:
- Budget form
- Letter of Intent (seed funding only)
- Memorandum of Understanding (collaborative projects only)
- Organisation assessment
- Risk analysis (collaborative projects only)
- Swedish applicant organisation’s proof of registration, available from Swedish tax authorities.
For more information, please visit Creative Force Programme Call for Applications.