Deadline- 1 April 2013
The aim is to provide financial aid for Indonesian lecturers of state and private universities to enter doctorate degree programs in the Netherlands. Scholarships are awarded for a maximum of three years (36 months) by DIKTI, while the cost of the fourth year will be borne by the Dutch university.
To qualify for the special channel, a Dutch professor has to nominate and accept the potential Indonesian candidate and the Dutch Higher Education Institution (HEI) has to guarantee to finance the last (fourth) year of the scholarship.
- Living allowance: €1100/month (2012)
- Insurance: €500 per year
- Book allowance: €800 per year
- Dissertation allowance: €500 per year
- Settling in allowance: 1000 euro (one time only);
- International travel cost: 1 international return ticket;
- Writing dissertation allowance: 500 euro (one time only);
- Special program allowance: 500 EUR (one time only);
- Bench or tuition fees as charged by the Dutch HEI’s (at cost up to a maximum of 10,000 EUR).
- Is currently a (candidate) lecturer of an Indonesian state or private university and has received a supporting letter from the home institution;
- Has received a valid unconditional Letter of Acceptance from a Dutch higher education institution;
- Should have a complete research proposal and a prospective advisor/sponsor at the Dutch higher education institution;
- Holds a master degree (or equivalent);
- Shows proficiency in the English language (IELTS score of at minimum 6.0 or IBT TOEFL 80);
- Should not be more than 50 years of age when they register their application;
- Married couples who are working in the same scientific field are not allowed to apply to the same university and/or receive supervision from the same promotor.
- All subject areas of research are accepted.
- Documents to be sent to DIKTI-
- Form A DIKTI-Neso Scholarship (the current form will be adjusted by DIKTI)
- Recommendation from Indonesian Professor
- Endorsement Letter from the Rector
- Endorsement Letter from Kopertis, only for those who are lecturers of private university
- Proof of being a permanent lecturer, e.g. Appointment Letter by the Minister of National Education, or Contract;
- Copy of legalised diploma and transcript from bachelor and masters degrees.
- Documents to be sent to Neso-
- Nomination letter (recommendation from Dutch professor)
- Letter of Acceptance from the university, including the amount of annual tuition fee (at cost up to EUR 10,000)
- Financial guarantee statement for the 4th year of the PhD programme
- Proof of English proficiency: IELTS (6.0 or above) or TOEFL iBT (80 or above)
- Research proposal, including research plan (max. 5 pages)
- Complete CV
For more information, visit this link