Deadline- 1 April 2013
Directorat General for Higher Education in Indonesia (DIKTI) offers PhD Scholarship for Indonesian for which the courses are offered by the universities.
The aim is to provide financial aid for Indonesian lecturers of state and private universities to enter doctorate degree programs in the Netherlands. Scholarships are awarded for a maximum of three years (36 months) by DIKTI, while the cost of the fourth year will be borne by the Dutch university.
To qualify for the special channel, a Dutch professor has to nominate and accept the potential Indonesian candidate and the Dutch Higher Education Institution (HEI) has to guarantee to finance the last (fourth) year of the scholarship.
- Living allowance: €1100/month (2012)
- Insurance: €500 per year
- Book allowance: €800 per year
- Dissertation allowance: €500 per year
- Settling in allowance: 1000 euro (one time only);
- International travel cost: 1 international return ticket;
- Writing dissertation allowance: 500 euro (one time only);
- Special program allowance: 500 EUR (one time only);
- Bench or tuition fees as charged by the Dutch HEI’s (at cost up to a maximum of 10,000 EUR).
- Is currently a (candidate) lecturer of an Indonesian state or private university and has received a supporting letter from the home institution;
- Has received a valid unconditional Letter of Acceptance from a Dutch higher education institution;
- Should have a complete research proposal and a prospective advisor/sponsor at the Dutch higher education institution;
- Holds a master degree (or equivalent);
- Shows proficiency in the English language (IELTS score of at minimum 6.0 or IBT TOEFL 80);
- Should not be more than 50 years of age when they register their application;
- Married couples who are working in the same scientific field are not allowed to apply to the same university and/or receive supervision from the same promotor.
- All subject areas of research are accepted.
- Documents to be sent to DIKTI-
- Form A DIKTI-Neso Scholarship (the current form will be adjusted by DIKTI)
- Recommendation from Indonesian Professor
- Endorsement Letter from the Rector
- Endorsement Letter from Kopertis, only for those who are lecturers of private university
- Proof of being a permanent lecturer, e.g. Appointment Letter by the Minister of National Education, or Contract;
- Copy of legalised diploma and transcript from bachelor and masters degrees.
- Documents to be sent to Neso-
- Nomination letter (recommendation from Dutch professor)
- Letter of Acceptance from the university, including the amount of annual tuition fee (at cost up to EUR 10,000)
- Financial guarantee statement for the 4th year of the PhD programme
- Proof of English proficiency: IELTS (6.0 or above) or TOEFL iBT (80 or above)
- Research proposal, including research plan (max. 5 pages)
- Complete CV
For more information, visit this link