Deadline: 21 August 2015
Landell Mills Ltd, acting for and on behalf of the Indian Ocean Commission (IOC)is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for its 10th European Funding Programme- Coastal, Marine and Island Specific Biodiversity Management in Eastern and Southern Africa-Indian Ocean (ESA-IO) region.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Specific objective of the Programme is to develop and strengthen national and regional capacity to manage the direct and indirect use of coastal, marine and island-specific eco-systems towards the sustainable conservation of biodiversity.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The overall indicative amount made available under this Call for Proposals is € 4.5 million.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 10 months nor exceed 18 months
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
To be eligible proposals must relate to at least one of the following priority themes:
- Coastal & marine ecosystems, including coral reefs, mangroves forests, beaches, dunes, sea grasses, wetlands areas, coastal forests.
- Terrestrial and marine protected areas, including natural reserves, ecotourism, non-take zone.
- Sustainable farming and biodiversity management, including land rehabilitation, agroforestry, conservation and utilisation of genetic resources, fair trade
- Alien and/or invasive species, marine & terrestrial
- Tropical, marine and migrant species, marine mammals, sea turtles, sharks, and sea birds.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Actions must take place in at least one of the following beneficiary countries: Comoros, Kenya, Mauritius, Madagascar, Seychelles, and Tanzania.
- For the small islands states (Comoros, Mauritius, Seychelles), actions can take place on the whole territory.
- For Madagascar and the mainland countries(Kenya and Tanzania),the proposed projects must take place exclusively in the coastal areas including the associated islands and islets. For Madagascar, the coastal regions:
- Diana, Sofia, Boeny, Melaky, Menabe, Atsimo-Andrefana, Androy, Anosy, Atsimo-Atsignana, V Atovavy Fito Vinagny, Atsinanana, Analanjirofo, Sava.
- For Kenya, three coastal counties:
- Kwale, Mombasa and Kilifi.
- For Tanzania, Zanzibar region &the coastal districts:
- Mkinga, Tanga, Mheza, Pangani, Bagamoyo, Kindondoni, Ilala, Temeke, Mkuranga, Mafia, Rufiji, Kilwa, Lindi and Mtwara.
Indicative allocation of funds by lot
- Lot 1: € 1,500,000 [Grant amount between € 25,000 and € 60,000]
- Lot 2: € 3,000,000 [Grant amount between € 60,001 and € 100,000]
Please visit Next to read about eligibility criteria and how to apply.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.