Deadline: 21 August 2015
Landell Mills Ltd, acting for and on behalf of the Indian Ocean Commission (IOC)is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for its 10th European Funding Programme- Coastal, Marine and Island Specific Biodiversity Management in Eastern and Southern Africa-Indian Ocean (ESA-IO) region.
The Specific objective of the Programme is to develop and strengthen national and regional capacity to manage the direct and indirect use of coastal, marine and island-specific eco-systems towards the sustainable conservation of biodiversity.
The overall indicative amount made available under this Call for Proposals is € 4.5 million.
The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 10 months nor exceed 18 months
To be eligible proposals must relate to at least one of the following priority themes:
- Coastal & marine ecosystems, including coral reefs, mangroves forests, beaches, dunes, sea grasses, wetlands areas, coastal forests.
- Terrestrial and marine protected areas, including natural reserves, ecotourism, non-take zone.
- Sustainable farming and biodiversity management, including land rehabilitation, agroforestry, conservation and utilisation of genetic resources, fair trade
- Alien and/or invasive species, marine & terrestrial
- Tropical, marine and migrant species, marine mammals, sea turtles, sharks, and sea birds.
- Actions must take place in at least one of the following beneficiary countries: Comoros, Kenya, Mauritius, Madagascar, Seychelles, and Tanzania.
- For the small islands states (Comoros, Mauritius, Seychelles), actions can take place on the whole territory.
- For Madagascar and the mainland countries(Kenya and Tanzania),the proposed projects must take place exclusively in the coastal areas including the associated islands and islets. For Madagascar, the coastal regions:
- Diana, Sofia, Boeny, Melaky, Menabe, Atsimo-Andrefana, Androy, Anosy, Atsimo-Atsignana, V Atovavy Fito Vinagny, Atsinanana, Analanjirofo, Sava.
- For Kenya, three coastal counties:
- Kwale, Mombasa and Kilifi.
- For Tanzania, Zanzibar region &the coastal districts:
- Mkinga, Tanga, Mheza, Pangani, Bagamoyo, Kindondoni, Ilala, Temeke, Mkuranga, Mafia, Rufiji, Kilwa, Lindi and Mtwara.
Indicative allocation of funds by lot
- Lot 1: € 1,500,000 [Grant amount between € 25,000 and € 60,000]
- Lot 2: € 3,000,000 [Grant amount between € 60,001 and € 100,000]
Please visit Next to read about eligibility criteria and how to apply.