Deadline: 31 March 2016
The East Africa Social Science Translation (EASST) is currently inviting applications for its EASST Visiting Fellowship 2016-2017. The Fellowship seeks to equip East African social scientists with the skills needed to carry out rigorous evaluations of economic development programs.
- Small grants of up to $10,000 will be provided to fellows who return to their home institution, to hold trainings in impact evaluation, build institutional capacity, and/or to forge new linkages with government policymakers.
- The fellowship program will cover room and board, health insurance, monthly stipend, visa fees, and roundtrip economy air travel for the selected fellow.
Eligible candidates for all EASST programs must:
- Be a resident of an EASST country (mentioned above).
- Have a PhD or Master’s degree (completed within the last 8 years) or be enrolled in a graduate program in economics, statistics, epidemiology/public health, or another social science discipline.
- Hold a staff position at a research institution, university or other organization in East Africa, preferably one that supports policy-relevant, quantitative social science research.
- Have participated in or have familiarity with impact evaluation research (either randomized or quasi-experimental studies).
- Have participated in field-based data collection and rigorous empirical research/analysis.
- Be computer literate, fluent in English, and a strong public speaker.
- Plan to return to a research institute in East Africa for at least 1 year after the fellowship.
How to Apply
Applicants must complete the online application through the given website and please ensure that all supporting documentation is submitted in English:
- Personal Statement:
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Research Proposal:
- Employer Letter
- Letter of recommendation
For more information, Please visit Fellowship Program 2016.