Deadline: 16 November 2015
Terre des Hommes Netherlands (TdH-NL) is inviting non-governmental organisations (NGOs or CSOs) with the required framework to submit a full proposal on- : Ending Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children in Kwale, Kenya.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Tackling commercial sexual exploitation of children is an important theme in TdH-NL’s current strategic plan (2011-2015). As part of its new strategic plan (2016-2020), TdH-NL plans to increase its support to comprehensive projects addressing commercial sexual exploitation of children in Eastern Africa. Initial focus will be on three year projects (2016-2018).
Funding is only granted to national organisations (non INGOs) fully registered in the country of implementation. Any sub granting partners must also be fully registered.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Within the field of Child Protection, 2 Child Exploitation areas have been identified as programming priorities for our 2016-2018 programme:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC): TdH-NL believes that the commercial sexual exploitation of children is a horrific violation of the rights of children and an act that also implies a crime on the part of those who use girls and boys and adolescents in the sex trade.
- Child Trafficking: TdH-NL works towards the elimination of child trafficking in and between our countries of operation. We aim to facilitate linkages at regional, national and County levels for institutions to ensure that regional and national anti-trafficking initiatives are effectively put into practice.
This RFP specifically aims to address the following outcomes:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Children at risk of commercial sexual exploitation and children who are victims of commercial sexual exploitation claim their rights
- Families and communities protect children from commercial sexual exploitation
- Government protects children from commercial sexual exploitation by making and adequately implementing laws and policies
- Law enforcement agencies convict perpetrators of commercial sexual exploitation of children
- Civil society organisations protect the rights and best interest of children (specifically children vulnerable to commercial sexual exploitation)
- Private sector contributes to the wellbeing of children vulnerable to or victims of commercial sexual exploitation
Types of activities
Strategies to be considered by applicants should be in line with the 5 P’s strategy of TdH-NL. A minimum of 2 of the 5 P’s should be included in the proposed project. Examples of activities include:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Children vulnerable to sexual exploitation participate in awareness raising sessions
- Sexually exploited children are withdrawn, rehabilitated and reintegrated with their families and communities
- Sexually exploited children receive education and training services and participate in income generating activities
- Community-based child protection structures are supported and actively take part in protecting children from sexual exploitation
- Members of judiciary and police staff are trained on child protection and child-friendly interview techniques
The following areas in Kenya are eligible for funding: Kwale County (including all 4 sub-counties, preferably Lunga Lunga, Msambweni, Matuga and Kinango – though indications are that this last sub-county is less affected).
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
Duration and budget
- The initial planned duration of a project should be 33 months, starting on 1 April 2016.
- Contracts will be entered into on yearly basis; the first one to cover 9 months (1 April – 31 December 2016).
- Depending on the project design, the budget ranges from EUR 300,000 to EUR 400,000 for the full duration of 33 months.
- The budget for the first 9 months should not exceed EUR 85,000 for 2016.
- Applicant as well as (if applicable) co-applicants need to be fully registered in the country of implementation i.e. Kenya.
- Applicant as well as (if applicable) co-applicants need to demonstrate a successful track record in addressing commercial sexual exploitation of children.
- The proposal needs to show a coherent programmatic approach.
- The budget should be presented as per the required format.
- The proposed project needs to be based on the Theory of Change with related outcomes.
- This call is open to organisations to apply independently as well as in a consortium / in partnership (i.e. more than one applicant). If an application is made as a consortium, the applicant should as the consortium lead clearly state how the project will be managed and should indicate a clear role for each partner. The appointment of a consortium coordinator position is recommended, to be included in the management costs.
How to Apply
Send your proposal to Terre des Hommes via email with subject heading: Ending CSEC in Kwale Project Proposal [+ name of (lead) applicant]. Include all required attachments / annexes available on the website.
For more information, please visit the official website of Terre des Hommes.
(Ad) A massive library of Downloadable Ebooks, covering a range of how-to topics from fundraising, proposal writing, grant listings, donor listings to NGO management. Learn more.