The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission representing the US Government in Kenya seeks applications for Assistance Agreement from U.S. and international non-governmental, non-profit organizations to implement activities in support of a program entitled “Healthy Outcomes through Prevention Education HOPE.”
Subject to the availability of funds, USAID intends to provide approximately within the range of $5.5 to $6.3 million in total USAID funding to be allocated over a 4 year period. USAID reserves the right to fund any or none of the applications submitted.
The Healthy Outcomes through Prevention Education (HOPE) project aims to achieve the following goal and four outcomes / objectives:
Goal: To improve students’ HIV/AIDS knowledge, attitudes and practices through peer, school, and community-based interventions.
1. Students’ HIV/AIDS knowledge, attitudes and practices improved through peer-to-peer support and mentoring
2. Schools equipped with the capacity to provide HIV/AIDS-related knowledge, information and support through classroom instruction and extracurricular activities;
3. Parents and community members promote healthy living through increased school involvement; and
4. The Ministry of Education and new County Education Offices equipped to implement the Ministry of Education’s Revised Sector Policy on HIV/AIDS.
The applicant must
– have adequate financial resources or the ability to obtain such resources as required during the performance of the award.
– have the ability to comply with the award conditions, taking into account all existing and currently prospective commitments of the applicant, nongovernmental and governmental.
– have a satisfactory record of performance. Past relevant unsatisfactory performance is ordinarily sufficient to justify a finding of non-responsibility, unless there is clear evidence of subsequent satisfactory performance.
– have a satisfactory record of integrity and business ethics; and
– be otherwise qualified and eligible to receive a cooperative agreement under applicable laws and regulations (e.g., EEO).
Deadline for submission of application is June 20, 2011
For more details and information, please Search by Funding Opportunity Number: RFA-623-11-000006 by going to the link.