Deadline: 26 April 2016
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications for a cooperative agreement from qualified Kenyan organizations to provide funding in support of a program entitled Health Communications and Marketing (HCM) in Kenya.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The purpose of the activity is to implement social marketing and communications within the health sector and to build the sustainability of Government of Kenya’s Ministry of Health to lead, coordinate and implement social marketing and health communication initiatives.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Manage a cost-effective marketing, sales, and distribution network that improves availability and access by key priority populations to products related to HIV/AIDS, RH/FP, CS and malaria, develop and manage communications initiatives to increase the knowledge of Kenyans about HIV/AIDS, RH/FP, CS and Malaria, including accurate information to increase demand for and use of beneficial products and services and information to encourage and sustain healthy behaviors, in line with GOK strategies and priorities.
- Improve the preventive behaviors of Kenyans related to HIV/AIDS, in particular increasing the use of condoms in high risk sexual encounters and the percent of men and women going for HTC and receiving their test results.
- Improve the behaviors of Kenyans related to family planning, maternal and child survival, malaria and family health, in particular, decreasing unmet need for family planning (uptake of voluntary long term family planning methods), better birth spacing, better prevention and treatment of childhood illnesses (e.g. use of “safe water” in the home, use of ITNs, better breastfeeding practices, full immunization, and prompt recognition and treatment of malaria and other childhood illnesses, including ORS at home, and use of cleaner indoor stoves),
- Improve service utilization rates for ART, HTC, PMCT, RH/FP, and CS services, including the percent of pregnant women accessing PMTCT services including HTC, the number of Kenyans using HTC services and receiving their test results, the number of clients receiving FP/RH services, number of antenatal care visits and delivery by a trained provider, and childhood prevention and treatment of illnesses in both public and private sector settings.
- Strengthen the capacity of the GOK/MOH at both national and county levels to coordinate, support and implement social marketing and communication activities.
- Increased use of quality health services and products
- Strengthened capacity of Government to lead, manage, and govern health communications and marketing
- Improved use of information for decision-making
Grant Information: Subject to funding availability, USAID intends to provide $42.5 million in total USAID funding over a five year period with an estimated start date of July 2016
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- HCM will be awarded to a local Kenyan organization.
- USAID encourages applications from a broad range of interested parties, domestic non-profit organizations, domestic for-profit companies that forego profit, faith-based organizations, foundations, academic institutions, civic groups and regional organizations.
- USAID welcomes applications from potential new partners and organizations which have not previously done business with USAID.
- If the applicant proposes to partner with other organizations through subawards, it should present a clear structure in terms of roles and responsibilities of each subrecipient, lines of authority, and managerial decision-making process.
- Applicants must have established financial management systems, monitoring and evaluation processes, internal control systems, and policies and procedures that comply with established U.S. Government standards, laws, and regulations.
- The Recipient must be a responsible entity
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Interested applicants must submit their applications electronically at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Health Communications and Marketing Program.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.