Deadline: 20 October 2015
The YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa is more than a location for learning or a venue for collaboration, it is a philosophy, a forward-leaning culture of diversity that invites dreaming and thinking differently to define and realize one’s potential. Its programs are inclusive, embracing future leaders regardless of gender, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, or disability.
Public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
Selected participants will engage in innovative leadership training across three tracks of study: Business and Entrepreneurship, Civic Leadership and Public Management by immersing themselves in a 12-week format (three weeks of residential learning on-site at the Center in Nairobi, eight weeks of virtual distance learning via technology from your home country, and a final week on-site at the Center in Nairobi for wrap-up and presentations).
Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa is merit-based and open to young East African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Burundi, Central African Republic. Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda,
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Kenya, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online through the website.
For more information, please visit Africa Programme.