Deadline: 15 December 2015
The European Union Office in Kosovo in line with the EU 2020 Strategy for Smart, Sustainable and Inclusive Growth is seeking proposals for its Agriculture and Rural Development Support Programme V in order to increase the competitiveness of the agri-food sector and capacity of food business operators to meet EU food safety standards.
The programme is also aimed at improving the adaptation to climate change in the agri-food sector, as well as the living standards in rural areas.
The program continues the financial support provided by the EU to agriculture and rural development sector in Kosovo since 2009 and shall lead to achievement of the IPA II-Country Strategy Paper for Kosovo 2014-2020 and Kosovo ARDP 2014-2020 priorities by modernising agro-food processors and rural producers for improving their productivity and achieving standards (on food safety, animal welfare, environment etc.), by supporting investments tackling the climate change and by strengthening the rural economy through rural diversification projects.
- To support the upgrade of the agri-food establishments (agro-food processors and rural producers) and improve the standards in milk, meat, fruit and vegetable and wine production sectors.
- To support creation, diversification, and development of rural activities through investments in farm diversification and development of non-agricultural activities.
- Enhancing farm viability and competitiveness of all types of agriculture in all regions and promoting innovative farm technologies and the sustainable management of forest particularly “Improving the economic performance of all farms and facilitating farm restructuring and modernization, notably with a view to increase market participation and orientation as well as agricultural diversification”;
- Promoting resource efficiency and supporting the shift towards a low carbon and climate resilient economy in agriculture, food and forestry sectors,
- Promoting social inclusion, poverty reduction and economic development in rural areas.
The grants call will be divided into two lots:
- Lot 1: targeting upgrading of the agri-food establishments (agro-food processors and rural producers) and improvement of standards in milk, meat, fruit and vegetable and wine production sectors
- Any grant requested under this call must fall between 200,000 Euro to 500,000 Euro.
- Lot 2: targeting diversification and development of rural activities.
- Any grant requested under this call must fall between 50,000 Euro to 500,000 Euro.
Actions must take place in Kosovo.
The initial planned duration of an action may not be less than 24 months and not more than 36 months.
Please visit next page for information regarding eligibility criteria and the application procedure.