Deadline: 30 July 2015
The delegation of the European Union to Lebanon is currently seeking proposals from eligible organisations for its thematic programme- Cultural activities 2015 programme in Lebanon. The specific objective of this Call for Proposals is the promotion of mutual understanding and rapprochement between peoples through cultural and artistic exchanges.
The overall indicative amount made available under this Call for Proposals is € 100,000.
The initial planned duration of an action may not exceed 12 months.
Sectors or themes
The actions should aim at promoting intercultural understanding and dialogue through any artistic or cultural activity (including for educational purposes): music, literature, performing arts (theatre, dance, etc.), visual arts (sculpture, painting, etc.), audio-visual arts (cinem a, television, radio, digital and media arts, video art, etc.), photography, reading, storytelling, comics, etc.
Actions must take place in Lebanon, ideally in more than one area.
Size of grants
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between € 10,000 and € 30,000.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the applicant must:
- be a legal person and
- be non-profit-making and
- be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation, local authority, as defined by Article 43 of the Rules of application of the EU Financial Regulation. And
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or of a country that is a beneficiary of Regulation (EC) N°236/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 2014 laying down common rules and procedures for the implementation of the Union’s instruments for financing external action and Regulation (EU) No 232/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 2014 establishing a European Neighbourhood Instrument
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co- applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- The applicant may act individually or with co-applicant(s) who must satisfy the eligibility criteria applicable to the applicant itself.
- The applicant and its co-applicant(s) may act with affiliated entity(ies) having a structural link with the applicants. Eligible entities may thus include-
- Entities directly or indirectly controlled by the beneficiary (daughter companies or first-tier subsidiaries). They may also be entities controlled by an entity controlled by the beneficiary (granddaughter companies or second-tier subsidiaries) and the same applies to further tiers of control;
- Entities directly or indirectly controlling the beneficiary (parent companies).
- Entities under the same direct or indirect control as the beneficiary (sister companies).
- Entities legally defined as a e.g. network, federation, association in which the proposed affiliated entities also participate or the beneficiary participates in the same entity (e.g. network, federation, association) as the proposed affiliated entities.
How to Apply?
- The application process consists of two phases-
- Phase 1, concept note
- Phase 2, full proposal
- Only Concept Notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a Full Application Form.
- Prior registration in EuropeAid’s on-line database, PADOR, is obligatory for applicants, co-applicants and affiliated entities.
- Applicants must be registered before submitting the concept note, while co-applicants and affiliated entities must be registered prior to submission of the full application, if applicable.
For more information, please visit EU-Lebanon Call for proposals and download the guidelines.