Deadline: 24 September 2015
According to the EU National Action Plan which encourages and supports Lebanon’s national reform objectives, promotion and protection of the rights of women is addressed among other areas in increasing their participation in public life, in the decision making and political positions as well as in promoting implementation of the Convention on Elimination of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) which Lebanon ratified in 1997.
- Combating poverty among Lebanese women.
- Ensure gender equality in political life and decision-making processes.
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 400,000 to EUR 800,000.
Actions must take place in Lebanon.
The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 18 months nor exceed 24 months.
- In order to be eligible for the grant, the applicant must:
- be a legal person and
- be non-profit-making and
- be a specific type of organisation such as Civil Society Organisation (non-governmental organisation, public sector operator, local authority) or network of CSOs and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with all actors and not acting as an intermediary and
- be an in-country CSO, with Headquarters in Lebanon and officially registered with the Lebanese competent authorities or
- be an EU Member State CSO, or a CSO established in an ENI country officially registered according to the relevant legislation in force in that country and mandatorily act with co-applicants that are local CSOs from Lebanon
- The applicant must act with at least one co-applicant which must satisfy the eligibility criteria as applicable to the lead applicant himself.
- Applicant and its co-applicant may act with affiliated entities that include:
- Entities directly or indirectly controlled by an applicant (daughter companies or first-tier subsidiaries). They may also be entities controlled by an entity controlled by an applicant (granddaughter companies or second-tier subsidiaries) and the same applies to further tiers of control;
- Entities directly or indirectly controlling the applicant (parent companies). Likewise, they may be entities controlling an entity controlling the applicant;
- Entities under the same direct or indirect control as the applicant (sister companies).
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases
- Concept notes
- full application
- Only concept notes will be submitted first , thereafter lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
- Applicants must register first in Europeaid online database PADOR before submitting the concept notes.
For more information, please visit European Union and download the guidelines.