Deadline: 1 March 2016
Do you have an idea for a big story? Do you want to write and report it to the highest standards, with quality editorial support and a generous expenses budget that lets you explore your subject in depth? Would you like that story to be published across southeast Europe and perhaps make international impact? If yes, then apply now for the Balkan Fellowship for Journalistic Excellence.
Each year, 10 journalists are chosen through open competition to conduct in-depth research into a topic of regional and EU significance.
The theme of Balkan Fellowship for Journalistic Excellence Program is Trust.
Awards & Duration
- Applicants selected by an independent committee to take part in the fellowship will receive a €2,000 bursary and up to another €2,000 for travel and research expenses.
- The fellowship programme officially begins in April 2016 with a four-day seminar in Vienna but fellows are obliged to conduct some research and submit travel and interview plans, in writing, before the opening seminar.
- Individuals from eligible Countries (mentioned above) with demonstrable journalistic experience are eligible to apply for the Balkan Fellowship for Journalistic Excellence.
- Applicants should have citizenship of one of the countries covered by the programme.
- Applicants should be proficient in English (speaking, reading and comprehension), although reports may be written in local languages.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Journalistic Excellence Program.