Deadline: 28 January 2016
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is currently seeking applications for a cooperative agreement from eligible U.S. and Non-U.S. organizations for the Regional Human Rights and Democracy Activity program. The aim of the program is to strengthen the human rights protection system in targeted countries in Central America including- El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras. This Activity will also support discrete interventions in Mexico and Nicaragua.
The purpose of the program is to:
- provide oversight,
- ensure accountability,
- uphold the principle of non-discrimination along with other human rights norms,
- address needs of victims, and
- doing so in an independent, accountable, efficient, and effective manner.
Subject to funding availability, USAID intends to provide $24.9 million in total USAID funding over a five year period.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations which have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
- Applicants must have established financial management, monitoring and evaluation processes, internal control systems, and policies and procedures that comply with established U.S. Government standards, laws, and regulations. The successful applicant(s) will be subject to a responsibility determination assessment.
- The Recipient must be a responsible entity. The AO may determine a pre-award survey is required to conduct an examination that will determine whether the prospective recipient has the necessary organization, experience, accounting and operational controls, and technical skills – or ability to obtain them – in order to achieve the objectives of the program and comply with the terms and conditions of the award.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications along with all necessary documents through given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Regional Human Rights and Democracy Activity.