Are You Nigerian, Young & Innovative? If yes, the LEAP Africa 2015 Social Innovators Programme is for You!
The Social Innovators Programme (SIP) supports talented youth between the ages of 18 and 35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria, with the necessary training, funding, advocacy and network support required to strengthen their existing initiatives and enhance their sustainability and impact.
Through the programme’s partnership with the International Youth Foundation’s YouthActionNet programme, young innovators could become members of a global network of over 1,000 change-makers from 80+ countries.
LEAP and YouthActionNet will provide training based on curriculi focused on the “Six Dimensions of Leadership” (Personal, Visionary, Collaborative, Political, Organizational, and Societal). Workshops will take place in Lagos State.
SIP objectives are to:
- Identify, encourage and support youth led social enterprises in Nigeria focused on improving the lives of people in their local communities
- Equip young change makers with skills training and support to enhance their individual effectiveness and the sustainability of their innovations.
- Showcase the impact of youth social innovation on local communities to demonstrate that youth can serve as effective change leaders in Nigeria
- Provide international recognition for local change-makers and access to international partnerships and funding opportunities through the YouthActionNet-Social Innovation Programme collaboration.
Applicants must meet the following entry requirement to be considered for the awards. They must be:
- Nigerians resident in Nigeria (not Nigerians in the Diaspora).
- Between ages 18 – 35 years.
- Founder or Co-founder of the project/organization which has been running for not less than one (1) year. The founder or co-founder is defined as a person who, either alone or as part of a team, conceived and established the project/initiative/organization.
- Initiators of such projects/initiatives/organisations that are positively impacting local communities and lives of Nigerians particularly in achieving the MDGs through their creativity and innovation.
- Able to document and prove their work, benefits and some level of sustainability amongst communities in Nigeria for a minimum of 12 months prior to date of application for the SIP.
- Twenty (20) social innovators will be enrolled into the programme after screening.
How to Apply
- Application is a three step process:
- Like the LEAP Africa Facebook Page.
- Follow the Leap Africa Twitter Handle and mention the programme you are applying for – with a #tag (e.g Chike Adeyemi Abu/#SIP2013).
- Finally, submit the application form online on the website.
For more information, please visit SIP Call for applications.