Deadline: 1 February 2016
Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty is currently inviting applications for its Khadija Ismayilova Investigative Journalism Fellowship 2016. The Fellowship will support reporting projects within RFE/RL’s broadcast region that investigate persons in power and corruption. The selected Fellow will be announced on February 19, 2016. The term of the Fellowship is May 1 – October 31, 2016.
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Georgia, Iran, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Pakistan, Russia, Serbia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
About the Fellowship
- The Fellowship is for a six-month period, during which the Fellow will be placed with an appropriate RFE/RL local bureau and visit RFE/RL’s Prague headquarters to receive training and mentoring in modern, western journalistic practices, and to conduct supervised research. Specific training in investigative techniques and additional professional support will be provided by OCCRP and other partners.
- The Fellowship can be used to produce a specific investigative report, or to advance an ongoing investigative project. Some work must be completed by the end of the Fellowship for publication by RFE/RL or its partners.
Fellows will receive any necessary visa support to participate in the Fellowship, round-trip travel to Prague, housing, insurance, and a monthly stipend for the period of the program. Additional resources for research purposes may be available.
- The Fellowship will be awarded on a competitive basis to one candidate who is a citizen of an RFE/RL eligible country and has a reporting interest relating to an RFE/RL eligible country (mentioned above).
- The successful candidate will demonstrate previous experience in investigative journalism; have a proven ability to pursue and complete an original, investigative project; and provide a compelling and plausible proposal for an investigative report of interest to RFE/RL target audiences. English-language proficiency is also necessary.
How to Apply
A complete application must submit via email and includes the following information, submitted in English:
- Statement of Purpose
- Research Proposal
- Work Samples
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum vitae
For more information, visit fellowship Programme.