Deadline: 22 May 2015
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently accepting applications from non-governmental organisations in Pakistan for its Community Based Disaster Risk Management Programme in the province of Balochistan, Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in Pakistan.
DRR in Pakistan is a five-year initiative of UNDP Pakistan in strengthening capacity of multi-level entity in Pakistan ensuring the enforcement of DRR at the government as well as the community member. The project is built upon three pillars of the programme:
- Support to the establishment and improvement of disaster management systems at federal, provincial and district levels (i.e. NDMA, PDMA and DDMU).
- CBDRM interventions to regain a discursive space through which multi-sectoral dialogues on local DRR can be encouraged to collectively achieve the vision of risk- informed development.
- Nationwide earthquake risk mitigation through the provision of non-engineered construction guidelines.
The general objectives for the second phase of CBDRM are:
- Strengthening and/or establishing community organization.
- Facilitating the sustainability strategy of community organization.
- Building community understanding on hazard, vulnerability and risk assessment
- Facilitating communities in identification, prioritization and implementation of mitigation measures.
- Facilitating the development of community DRM plan.
The duration of the proposed projects should be no more than five months, staring from May 2015.
- The call for proposals is open to national NGOs.
- The applicant must demonstrate relevant work experiences with the communities on community mobilization and CBDRM in Pakistan context.
- The applicant must demonstrate experiences in implementing community project/s that include/s gender balance and demonstrating strategy on including vulnerable groups as stakeholders.
- The applicant must have an established operational office at the provincial level where the applicant proposes to work.
- The applicant having previous working experiences in the selected district will be preferred.
- The applicant must be registered organization (authorized copies of documentation pertaining to their legal establishment, institutional capacity and permanent contact address in Pakistan are to be attached).
How to Apply
- Organisations must send their completed application formats and copies of all supporting documents via email.
- Required documents include-
For more information, please visit UNDP-Pakistan.