Deadline: 22 May 2015
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently accepting applications from non-governmental organisations in Pakistan for its Community Based Disaster Risk Management Programme in the province of Balochistan, Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in Pakistan.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRR in Pakistan is a five-year initiative of UNDP Pakistan in strengthening capacity of multi-level entity in Pakistan ensuring the enforcement of DRR at the government as well as the community member. The project is built upon three pillars of the programme:
- Support to the establishment and improvement of disaster management systems at federal, provincial and district levels (i.e. NDMA, PDMA and DDMU).
- CBDRM interventions to regain a discursive space through which multi-sectoral dialogues on local DRR can be encouraged to collectively achieve the vision of risk- informed development.
- Nationwide earthquake risk mitigation through the provision of non-engineered construction guidelines.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The general objectives for the second phase of CBDRM are:
- Strengthening and/or establishing community organization.
- Facilitating the sustainability strategy of community organization.
- Building community understanding on hazard, vulnerability and risk assessment
- Facilitating communities in identification, prioritization and implementation of mitigation measures.
- Facilitating the development of community DRM plan.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The duration of the proposed projects should be no more than five months, staring from May 2015.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- The call for proposals is open to national NGOs.
- The applicant must demonstrate relevant work experiences with the communities on community mobilization and CBDRM in Pakistan context.
- The applicant must demonstrate experiences in implementing community project/s that include/s gender balance and demonstrating strategy on including vulnerable groups as stakeholders.
- The applicant must have an established operational office at the provincial level where the applicant proposes to work.
- The applicant having previous working experiences in the selected district will be preferred.
- The applicant must be registered organization (authorized copies of documentation pertaining to their legal establishment, institutional capacity and permanent contact address in Pakistan are to be attached).
How to Apply
- Organisations must send their completed application formats and copies of all supporting documents via email.
- Required documents include-
For more information, please visit UNDP-Pakistan.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.