Deadline: 6 November 2015
Department of Science and Technology (DST) and the National Research Foundation (NRF) has announced Conference Fund in order to support the hosting of large international conferences centered on excellent scientific research that has potential for socio-economic impact. The funding platform makes provision for strategic, large events of an international nature, hosted in South Africa, or on behalf of South Africa abroad.
- Promote South Africa as a science destination;
- Increase the competitiveness of the South African National System of Innovation (NSI);
- Showcase South Africa’s scientific endeavours and infrastructure, and to build capacity within the NSI;
- Enhance networking within the science system;
- Foster international collaboration in order to improve the quality of research outputs by researchers.
- South African universities /universities of technology;
- Recognised national research institutions such as the national facilities;
- Museums, Science councils;
- International Council for Science (ICSU) National Committees
- The applicant must be a member of the conference organising committee and must be in possession of a PhD degree;
- Researchers from private/commercial institutions are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted electronically at the NRF Online Submission System, as indicated on the website.
Note: Applications submitted outside the NRF Submission system will not be accepted.
For more information, please visit DST-NRF Conference Fund.